Zero water pressure on boiler gauge | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Zero water pressure on boiler gauge in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Gas boiler shows No Water Pressure. The water feed to feed the system doesn't move gauge. Water dumps overboard. A banging noise starts when the valve to top up the system is opened.

Gas boiler shows No Water Pressure. The water feed to feed the system doesn't move gauge. Water dumps overboard. A banging noise starts when the valve to top up the system is opened.
If by 'overboard' you mean the pressure relief outlet (outside) or from somewhere inside the boiler casing there's nothing you can legitimately do for a DIY fix. You'll need to get a Gas Safe Registered heating engineer to sort it out for you.

The pressure gauge could be faulty. Pressure may have dropped over time (or discharged after going over pressure) and then the gauge needle got stuck. Adding more water when it is already up to pressure will eventually bring it to 3 bar and that will open the pressure relief valve dumping water through the discharge pipe. Alternatively the system may have gone over pressure and discharged leaving the pressure relief valve jammed open which is passing any water you add to the system.

I'm afraid it's time to call out a plumber who is registered with Gas Safe.

Thank you Stigster. Overnight I kind of came to that conclusion, so hopefully it's a duff gauge. As pennies are tight I'll live with that but will have a service done which is well overdue. Due to advice on this forum I'll have some idea to counter 'You need a new boiler mate' As I say, pennies are tight. Thanks again.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in...
Replies
Views
Brilliant! all done & i've marked it so i...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Back