Zonal heating issues | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Zonal heating issues in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I moved into a new build 5 years ago and don't think the thermostats/heating has ever worked properly. I have 2 Siemens Rev24 thermostats and an Ideal Es35 boiler, running 2 heating zones (upstairs and downstairs). I programmed both thermostats with the same start and finish time, same comfort temp, everything is identical. When using the timer function, only the downstairs rads come on at the required time. All upstairs rads are permanently on despite the timer function being set. I've had to resort to turning the boiler off when no heat is required (leaving hot water on) and turning the boiler back on when we need to warm the house. Admittedly, I'm rubbish at DIY and wouldn't have a clue where to look for a solution. From what I've read online, it could be a zone valve that is faulty and constantly asking the boiler for heat?? Any tips or advice would be greatly received

IFrom what I've read online, it could be a zone valve that is faulty and constantly asking the boiler for heat?? Any tips or advice would be greatly received
If the zone valve that controls the upper zone has been left in its 'locked open' setting, that would explain the symptoms. You need to find the zone valve. It will have a small manual setting lever. Have a look at that and try moving it gently. Upload a picture and tell us what it felt like when you try moving it.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Back