Zone valve Flow Direction may be incorrect - Advice required | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Zone valve Flow Direction may be incorrect - Advice required in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, first time plumber and poster here.
I've installed two new zone valves and replicated the direction inwhich the original valves were installed. I'm really confused now as I think the originals may have been installed the wrong way round.
The Grundfos pumps' arrow is pointing down whereas my new valves arrows are pointing up. The original valves were installed with B at the top and A at the bottom so flowing A to B.
Have I installed my valves the wrong way round? Were the originals installed the wrong way round? What do I need to do please?

The photos below show first the original Tower valves and their orientation demonstrated post removal.
The pump orientation arrow pointing down.
Then lastly the new valves with their orientation.
Original Tower Valves
02_compressed.jpg
03_compressed.jpg
04_compressed.jpg
05_compressed.jpg
06_compressed.jpg
07_compressed.jpg

If the pump arrow points downwards, the it’s likely that’s where the route of flow takes place and you have installed your valves the wrong way. They’ll work, but, when satisfied and they spring return, the valve can make an awful clunking sound.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The D04FM I think is not certified as being...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Pegler-type ball valve is a great option...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I will need to check this, i am going to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, a plumber is going to fit a...
Replies
Views
TBSE is good practice! As long as flow is the Top.
Replies
Views
Back