10mm pipe to 15mm trv | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 10mm pipe to 15mm trv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a job to change some valves , pipes are 10mm and valves are 15mm standard ! Do I need to get new reducers or will I be able to reuse the old ones ? Do I need a 10mm olive removing tool if I have to change the nuts ?

If you do Stan I have a tub full of them will send you some down fella , there left over from that leeds job

I need them for Saturday , so I will get them from local shop mate . Would not think they will be expensive !? Do I need a tool to remove old ones is the question and do I need to replace them .
Never worked on a 10mm pipes .....

Junior hacksaw to cut down through them, then put a thin flat head in the cut and prise it apart.

Careul not to cut all the way through the olive and into the pipe.

A lot of 10mm rad valves seem to have different size nuts and threads!

i will be using standard 15mm Honeywell , so I will be ok to pull them out with grips ?

Depends how tight and how much the olive is co pressed on the pipe.

Make sure when you re fit that the 10mm goes in the valve as straight as possible too.

because 10mm is soft copper, or is it plastic?
anyway the olive is likely to be crushed onto to pipe,
just carefully cut it as described earlier.
I just swapped a load recently they were all crushed but plenty of paste and the new reducing set and everything was good

I always use my dremel with a cutting disk, being careful not to go into pipe then small flathead to 'ping' it open, did use jr hacksaw but can sometimes be awkward.

from what you said they sound like the brass thick 15mm to 10mm reducers that come with some rad valves e olive and reducer in one piece will take ages to cut with hack saw .i would take some pipe and 10mm fittings just incase you may end up cutting back and redoing tails

Stan if the threads are 1/2 bsp on to the compression end, its a straight swap. If the olives are crushed in pack it a few times with ptfe. I do these all the time mate, avoid cutting olives off if you can. Because you'll need a box of plasters!

I have a job to change some valves , pipes are 10mm and valves are 15mm standard ! Do I need to get new reducers or will I be able to reuse the old ones ? Do I need a 10mm olive removing tool if I have to change the nuts ?
is this the new lad you were on about lee?:prrr:

Junior hacksaw to cut down through them, then put a thin flat head in the cut and prise it apart.

Careul not to cut all the way through the olive and into the pipe.

A lot of 10mm rad valves seem to have different size nuts and threads!

Yep I found out the hard way about the threads the hard way I had given a price to change 8 rad valve's I thought it would be strighforward lol

Wouldn't recommend cutting the old olives off unless you really need to. The pipe below the olive is usually deformed.
If the 10mm is rising from below the floor you will have a bit play on it. Just cut off the old valves below the nut. If they are on drops with no play cut them back and use soldered reducers to go into the valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Right with it now. You need a 10mm chrome...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You won’t remove it easily looks like an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks all found these... So I'll fit an equal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That could just be a bit of grit in valve or a...
Replies
Views
Back