10mm pipe to 15mm trv | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 10mm pipe to 15mm trv in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have no play on the pipes cutting them below the nut and soldering on a reducer takes you back to the correct length to get straight into the valve.

If you have no play on the pipes cutting them below the nut and soldering on a reducer takes you back to the correct length to get straight into the valve.

But if they're 15 mm valves they are a straight swap. Nearly all rad valves have 1/2" bsp threads.

Just about every make of wheelhead comes in 8 and 10mm size.
Old westco trv's had a 1/2" reducing nut with the top part of a compression reducer and old danfoss had a 1/2" internal thread with the same idea part reducer.

Sounds lovely, where's the job?
Ruislip HA4 post code ! First time I will have to take care of this new builds .... Worked before on them changing pumps and motorised valves but this time is 14 rads to change trv and locks + new tower rail + 2 rads get replace as they have rusted but not leaking yet .... Also all rads will have manual wash in the garden !
Thanks all for your help I will end up getting 30 reducers and step up from 10 to 15 and will not waist time on them olives and reducers ! Will give update on Saturday

As Tamz says' do as little to change the tails as you need to.

I did a boiler change last month, and as part of the price changed all rad valves (lock shields and TRV's) just bought reducers (compression) and changed them. (Twenty rads in a five bedroom house) total time for all rads, 1/2 a day. I should add, I am not a quick plumber.

Hang on, I was under the impression that the valves are already 15mm. So they would already have reducers in.
Am I right in thinking this?

You might be right Leo, i see Stan said they are newbuilds and trv swaps. Probably plastic pulling out behind rad. Straight swaps and plenty play.

No they are copper from behind and going each way just like the plastic ones ! Some of the trv are in 15mm copper going to them
locks are 10mm with intern reducer to 15mm I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Right with it now. You need a 10mm chrome...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You won’t remove it easily looks like an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks all found these... So I'll fit an equal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That could just be a bit of grit in valve or a...
Replies
Views
Back