11 pints of water | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 11 pints of water in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

OK will do. Thanks for the information 👍
Takes approximately 30 seconds to reach a temperature where I cannot hold my fingers underneath the flow. That's in the kitchen which is approx 10 metres from the boiler with not many bends in the pipework.
It's definitely working better now.. Since I reset it🤔

If that's at a flowrate of 10.75 LPM (1 litre/5.6 secs) then the boiler is working OK, the temperature setting should be left at maximum IMO at all times to give the quickest warm up and the shower thermostat mixing valve will control the temp to the desired showering temperature.

If that's at a flowrate of 10.75 LPM (1 litre/5.6 secs) then the boiler is working OK, the temperature setting should be left at maximum IMO at all times to give the quickest warm up and the shower thermostat mixing valve will control the temp to the desired showering temperature.
OK.. I will keep an eye on it. Obviously the run time will Increase come winter.
I have always thought that this boiler was underpowered for the size of the Bungalow.
3 Beds/2 Bathrooms/9 radiators and a loop in the airing cupboard. The boiler is in the garage now which joins the house but has to travel appropriately 10 metres before it enters the house..

Did you test turning off the cold water feed to the boiler via the boiler isolation valve and running a hot tap? I see if you answered/did this to rule out a cross over through a thermostatic cartridge as per johns suggestion.

No not buddy. That's my job shortly 👍
Well after much deliberation my wife and I decided to take the plunge and have had the 15 year old Baxi replaced. It never had a pre heat function on this one as it was the early model not the 105 instant. We have had a Worcester Bosch 8000 style 40kw fitted in Black. We have noticed that the hot water delivery is very very quick even without the pre heat turned on. The Baxi had been a good boiler but was just tired.
No more warranty payments now as this one has a 10 year parts and labour included with the price.
We are still getting to grips with the digital display.. Lots of features with this one.
Thank you to all for your help over the past few weeks 👍

Well after much deliberation my wife and I decided to take the plunge and have had the 15 year old Baxi replaced. It never had a pre heat function on this one as it was the early model not the 105 instant. We have had a Worcester Bosch 8000 style 40kw fitted in Black. We have noticed that the hot water delivery is very very quick even without the pre heat turned on. The Baxi had been a good boiler but was just tired.
No more warranty payments now as this one has a 10 year parts and labour included with the price.
We are still getting to grips with the digital display.. Lots of features with this one.
Thank you to all for your help over the past few weeks 👍
Thanks for update 👍🏼

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Turn off the cold water boiler feed at the...
Replies
Views
C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
What boiler is it? Do you have a hot water...
Replies
Views
Back