125mm Soil waste problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 125mm Soil waste problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluetoffee

Hi after gaining much needed information off these forums over the years the time has come to finally ask for help as I am stumped!....what I have is a waste pipe going into the timber floor upstairs which my toilet waste connects too....however this pipe is white plastic and has an ID of 125mm, the old connector had a 'reducing' gasket on it so a pan connector pushed into it and sealed it, however this is perished and I cannot find an adaptor to suit anywhere other than a flexi coupling, which as its exposed is not very attractive...any help in how I can over come this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have not bought a new toilet as yet so that is flexible as to the style I choose if that helps.

Na was joking mate but i have seen it done.As said before if you upload a pic and we may be able to help

Last edited by a moderator:
125mm pan connection.jpg

Looks like an old Terrain Pan Connector which had a big black rubber seal which went on either side of the rim edge & the pan push through a hole in the center. it is either going to be cut the whole thing out & replace with a new section of pipe with a standard Multikwik in it or have a word with Polypipe who now own Terrain & see if they are still doing them but I cant see any on the web.

Is your one straight or bent ? i.e. when you look down into it does it turn through 90 deg straight away or does it go down straight for a while.

Is your one straight or bent ? i.e. when you look down into it does it turn through 90 deg straight away or does it go down straight for a while.

It pretty much turns 90 deg to go into the internal stack, i have about 2" of straight pipe proud of my floor boards.

Then it is either remove it & replace with pipe or try to make a joint with either a Multikwik &/or a short piece of pipe. The new pan will be a HO outlet (I am guessing the old one is an S trap?)
Hope that helps albeit not the best news if you do still want to get rid of that fitting.

Thanks Chris.....If I remove it i will still have an issue of getting something to connect 5" to 4" though.....there is a run of about 2ft from the pipe to the stack, the only thing I can come up with is to cut this pipe keep the 5" going into the stack and join a 4" pipe to it with a flexseal type coupling then a bend upwards so a standard pan connector can fit into it?...my only concern is the joint inside the flexseal coupling...would loo paper and other things (3 women in house) snag on anything causing a blockage?

If the photo you posted is what you have installed the other end will be solvent weld (glued) to 110mm (4") not 5"

Ok so if that is the case can I not cut and solvent weld a 4" to the existing 5" after the bend under the floor to bring it back up to a standard fitment for the pan connector?

Yes, you will need to find a short piece of pipe with no fittings or clips on it so you can come off of it with your new. Tip. get your pan sorted out first so you can work out the required position as you may need a bit of adjustment under the floor.
That will be ££££££ please, LOL

Yes, you will need to find a short piece of pipe with no fittings or clips on it so you can come off of it with your new. Tip. get your pan sorted out first so you can work out the required position as you may need a bit of adjustment under the floor.
That will be ££££££ please, LOL

How much???...but that was my idea was it not?....joking aside, thanks for your advice, I will get the pan as you said then take it a step at a time and hopefully get it sorted...if its any different when i take up the floor and remove the boxing then I will be back !!!

Oh no, not more ;)
Payment is due = one good turn to someone you don't know.
Good luck & let us know how you get on.
CW

Hi,

Would a back to wall pan with a flexi pan connector in to a 4 inch to 5 inch rubber coupler not work and hide any nastiness?

that an old pan connector the other end of it will be 4 inch cut back underfloor and re run in plastic youll probably need a long tailed spigot bend to replace that part as a normal bend will bring you to high probably with the male end looking up to accept a pan con or you could do as the first post said and cement into what you have i assume it was a s trap pan that your replacing with a ho pan just cement a short of 4 inch in and use pan con

Last edited:
Hi,

Would a back to wall pan with a flexi pan connector in to a 4 inch to 5 inch rubber coupler not work and hide any nastiness?

Yes I have that option, just wasnt sure a flexseal coupler would work, didnt want anything snagging on the joint inside, of course only a pan that fits fully flush to the wall would work so the coupler wasnt visable....this will of course also mean me boxing out for a concealed cistern..which is no real deal breaker i guess.

Thanks for your advice.

that an old pan connector the other end of it will be 4 inch cut back underfloor and re run in plastic youll probably need a long tailed spigot bend to replace that part as a normal bend will bring you to high probably with the male end looking up to accept a pan con or you could do as the first post said and cement into what you have i assume it was a s trap pan that your replacing with a ho pan just cement a short of 4 inch in and use pan con

The last pan was a HO with a 90 deg pan connector going from pan down into the 5" through an Osma Dry Fitting Gasket (perished and crumbling)..it is this gasket that I cant find anywhere, if I could i could then replace like for like.

Yes I have that option, just wasnt sure a flexseal coupler would work, didnt want anything snagging on the joint inside, of course only a pan that fits fully flush to the wall would work so the coupler wasnt visable....this will of course also mean me boxing out for a concealed cistern..which is no real deal breaker i guess.

Thanks for your advice.

No worries, but you can get close couple WC's that have a back to wall pan, i know Bathstore do them.... so no need for boxing out, thats if you can get it all in...

No worries, but you can get close couple WC's that have a back to wall pan, i know Bathstore do them.... so no need for boxing out, thats if you can get it all in...

I would prefer a close coupled WC to remove the issues you get with access to concealed cisterns....it will be just finding a pan like you said that will accommodate a flexseal coupling and will aliow it to fit flush to the wall

I got a few of these gaskets from pts a couple of years ago, give them a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
No, that won’t be any good. Surely it’s best...
Replies
Views
"strap wrench" or "boa" might help
Replies
Views
No to strap boss on elbow. Yes to trim back...
Replies
Views
Back