15mm gas supply to new 30kW system boiler - OK? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 15mm gas supply to new 30kW system boiler - OK? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Typical U6 Meter on low pressure domestic service would be expected to be 21 mbar outlet working +/- 2 mbar.
They can be different, this is what is typical/expected.
You would expect (by design) a drop of 1 mbar meter to appliance working. This too can be different dependent on a number of factors but still be deemed acceptable. You'll have to trust me on that. Not got time to go through the technicalities.

You obviously have concerns. In my opinion you need a second opinion or to make it official, you would need to contact Gas Safe. If they do come to inspect the work, they will want the installer on site during the visit so you might want to discuss this with him and explain why you are considering it. Just to give him chance to go through it with you in enough detail to put your mind at ease.

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

I think I'm just going to live with it. It's become apparent that replacing the gas pipe would not be the drama I thought it would as I insisted that I wasn't happy with the top edge of the cylinder pressing into the gas pipe - the fitters solution was to drain the cylinder, undo its connections and move it slightly.

I know it's true that the boiler will rarely run flat out - I just can't get my head around the gas carrying capacity of that length of 15mm tube seems miles below the boiler's max demand.

Similar plumbing topics

A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately just because it works now...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back