15x15 tap flexi with valve? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 15x15 tap flexi with valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where to get either a 15x15 braided flexi hose with valve or a 15x10 or a 10x10??

Why flexi with valve, it contradicts the idea of having a valve/flexi for easy interchangability as you can not change the flexi without turning off the whole system. Especially on vented HWCs a pain in the back side.

flexies causing diy disasters since 1984,only use the original and best wras approved flexies,gigantic floods can be so much fun impress your friends with the swimming pool you now have in the lounge

flexies causing diy disasters since 1984,only use the original and best wras approved flexies,gigantic floods can be so much fun impress your friends with the swimming pool you now have in the lounge

How about the walk-in-shower starting just behind the entrance?
Or reversed arches with water features? Surely an architectural piece of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flexis' I have seen go were supplied with taps. What you going to do!! Given the choice would not use them, but come with taps

How about the walk-in-shower starting just behind the entrance?
Or reversed arches with water features? Surely an architectural piece of art.
they all leak the same coppers proper,dont start me off on inferior plumbing products i have a axe and god do i know how to use it

they all leak the same coppers proper,dont start me off on inferior plumbing products i have a axe and god do i know how to use it

If it comes from Grohe or Ideal Standard I tend to trust the flexies unseen as they had their approval and they had done their mistakes with the wrong materials long before.

Ok, I've found plain 15-10mm flexis at Screwfix & PTS. The reason I want them is to connect up a bidet as space is v tight for 15mm, I could use 10mm copper but it's still quite awkward to get everytrhing line up and be able to srew the waste pipe onto the trrap, so flexis seem like a ggod option. I take the point about ussing good quality gear, on my old Worcester Heatslave there has been a flexi in the filling loop for 20yrs without incident. Having an inline service valve on the flexi is surely no different than having a separate valve, in terms of disconnecting a fitting as you still have to drain the residual water from one side of the valve. I only want the valve as a precaution not so much because I'm planning to remove the bidet on a regular basis.

Having an inline service valve on the flexi is surely no different than having a separate valve, in terms of disconnecting a fitting as you still have to drain the residual water from one side of the valve. I only want the valve as a precaution not so much because I'm planning to remove the bidet on a regular basis.

I am pretty sure you will learn that at a later point yourself if you were right on this statement.

Just had a look at a job this weekend. Every radiator was plumbed in with flexis.

Didn't hang around long enough. As soon as a realised the whole plumbing was a joke I said not interested unless the job's stripping out and replacing the lot. The plastic pipes to and from the cisterns in the loft were suspended on lengths of string and there was grey plastic pipe everywhere clipped to the skirting boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct easy when you know the correct...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, Much appreciated. It's nice to...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
G
  • Question
Another down side to rpz is the servicing
Replies
Views
Back