2 Port Valve Closed Question | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 Port Valve Closed Question in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a honeywell 2 port valve to the emersion tank which is allowing water to pass through on the closed position meaning the water is boiling hot.

A previous plumber left an old port valve in cupboard which I took to bits to see how it works. 😀

I thought the seal must have gone inside but after looking at old one it appears very little can go wrong with the rubber ball.

So could this mean my problem is more likely to do with the springs or motor not giving enough pressure to hold rubber ball against the valve ?

I know easy option is buy complete 2 port valve assembly but I'm quite interested to find out more about these sorts of things.

Any thoughts on this really appreciate

Thank you

The ball can get hard and not seal / a wear spot and can pass best to replace the whole valve

Presuming it is in the right way round, it might be worth taking it out to inspect it prior to buying another.
If you have had 2 there may be a reason they are failing.

I have in the past seen them distorted or coated and that prevents them seating correctly.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
6 years old. Never a problem until it sprung a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, unless you are prepared to suffer with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
3 port could be on its way out?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
  • Question
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
Back