Intermittent fault on Y plan | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intermittent fault on Y plan in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied.
New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted a digital replacement so I fitted a digital timer (only one switch live out feeding cyl stat and room stat and no H/W off connection) so I couldn't fit a programmer without significant disruption and additional wiring which the customer didn't want. All seemed well, then a few months later he asked me to fit a digital stat Honeywell (DT90E) in place of the old mechanical stat. I think their was an additional wire connected to the stat which didn't appear to be needed on the new one, so I isolated it just in case. Is it possible that the original wiring took the heating satisfied connection as a hot water off live feed?
I have been studying wiring diagrams I don't see how this fault is occurring. If the room stat is satisfied there is no power to the white and the 3 port valve should be in the H/W only position requiring power from the cyl stat to power the pump and boiler. If there is power to the grey and white. It should close off the H/W, but once the room stat is satisfied, the power on the white would stop and the valve should spring return shouldn't it?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
And that is exactly why the diode is used.
Replies
Views
  • Question
3 port could be on its way out?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back