2 Port Valve Operating But Still Intermittent Heating- New to this problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 Port Valve Operating But Still Intermittent Heating- New to this problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help appreciated to help me think this one through.. :)

Have changed the synchro motor

Gears are fine.. micro switch fully engages when hot water is switched on from timer.. you can see and hear the click from the microswitch

the switch is calling for the boiler to burn.. hot water no problem

Surely the microswitch, when off, closes the pipe to the cylinder and just directs the heated water into the central heating SO what triggers the call for central heating..maybe an open microswitch at the 2 port and a call from the room stat.

room stat is turned up

SO.. the room stat is faulty as the 2 port seems fine?

The heating sometimes works but sometimes doesn't.. an intermittent room stat fault?

It's an unvented system with solar water heating.. so two 2ports to the cylinder.

You must have another two port for your heating circuit.
Programmer-Room stat-MV- Boiler on !
you need to check the heating MV Surely.

MV = Motorised Valve.
There are two or three port types in most domestic installations like yours.

You normally would have an 'S' plan ( zone valves or two port valves, one for each zone e.g Hot water, Heating upstairs, Heating downstairs, Underfloor heating etc).

Or a 'Y' plan which is a three port valve ( one port to Heating and one port to Hot water)

What set up have you got?

The thing you mention about open microswitch and signal/voltage from room stat is not correct by the way

there is no three port.. with the cylinder are two two ports..

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
A two port can't control two circuits separately.

Is it possible you have another one you haven't seen

Can you post photos of what you have got.

found it.. there are three two ports

two are honeywell and the other is a danfoss.. pic here_IGP6880.jpg

so.. i guess this is the culprit? Guess Ii need to remove and check gearing, synchro motor and micro switch.

:)

Thankyou

Last edited:
found it.. there are three two ports

two are honeywell and the other is a danfoss.. pic hereView attachment 28422

so.. i guess this is the culprit? Guess Ii need to remove and check gearing, synchro motor and micro switch.

:)

Thankyou

I would check the voltages are correct (L+N) at the valve supply when there is a call for heat. Rather than pull it to bits. It could save you a lot of time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Cheers.
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
I don’t think the connection on the detach pro...
Replies
Views
Back