2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March 1st | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March 1st in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March

Nice little loop hole you have there, hope you always have it mate

Re: 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March

MCS is a nightmare for one man business. It is geared around larger companies and although I like to think that I'm good on my paperwork it has caused me real headaches. As a member with NAPIT I have found them unhelpful with annual audit with little assistance offered during assessment. So much so that I am now considering sacking MCS accreditation after spending so much time & effort to qualify for it.

MCS is a nightmare for one man business. It is geared around larger companies and although I like to think that I'm good on my paperwork it has caused me real headaches. As a member with NAPIT I have found them unhelpful with annual audit with little assistance offered during assessment. So much so that I am now considering sacking MCS accreditation after spending so much time & effort to qualify for it.

Jimk

If you need help with your annual audit, or any other aspect of MCS we offer an ongoing support service. This starts from £395 for a year for smaller companies.

I'll do it for £350:bucktooth:

Are things that slow on the MCS front that we need a 2 week special? Or is it just cynical me.

I'm afraid that with the governments help the general public is now not asking about renewables.
The closest I'm getting is to persuade unvented cylinder customers to go for a twin coil just in case.

Please keep on topic any other points members wish to raise ,please do so in another thread

Thank you

What I don't understand is why you would all use a thread that is offering advice to people who actually WANT to go down the MCS route, to vent your frustration.

Easy MCS, the new HP standard has been delayed several times, do you have any info as to when the newest version comes into play and what the requirements are for it?

Dylan

Lots of confusion on the new Heat Pump Standard!

The new version 3.1 comes in on the 1st April, you must quote according to this standard from 1st March. You should not be using SAP anymore, and you may now find that your Manufacturer's software is no longer compliant, you should check with them on this. For sizing the system, you can use the spreadsheets on the MCS website, or the software which is now available on there.

The Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Decc Heat Pump Training Road Show

What I don't understand is why you would all use a thread that is offering advice to people who actually WANT to go down the MCS route, to vent your frustration.

Easy MCS, the new HP standard has been delayed several times, do you have any info as to when the newest version comes into play and what the requirements are for it?

Mate, not venting any frustrations, renewables is dead in the water at the minute. IMHO.

It's a forum open for debate.

Easy MCS you must get frustrated with plumbers on here not being taken in by this MCS nonsense what you should do is sign in with another user name to vent your frustration maybe call yourself Dylan1 :cowboy:

Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise me on what changes I should make to our quality plan, I am currently mcs accredited for PV but planning to add Solar Thermal as a second technology. I have passed the necessary bpec exams so just the quality manual to adjust before we carry out our first install.

Any help or advice is most welcome! Thanks in advance, Matt

Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise me on what changes I should make to our quality plan, I am currently mcs accredited for PV but planning to add Solar Thermal as a second technology. I have passed the necessary bpec exams so just the quality manual to adjust before we carry out our first install.

Any help or advice is most welcome! Thanks in advance, Matt

Matt

Your basic QMS will not need much alteration, think about what are you going to do differently for Thermal. Your basic procedures will be the same. You will need to add in information regarding for instance a Solar Thermal Commissioning Checklist etc. Your quotation will need to be REAL compliant for Thermal rather than PV. For instance, with PV, MCS requires that you inform the client at an early stage that metering will be required in order to access financial incentives, with Thermal you should be informing the customer that feedback may be required from them and that DECC may require a meter to be fitted for research purposes.

You will probably be handling and recieving goods etc as before so your add ons are likely to be on the forms side and listing your new essential documents on your master document list. It shouldn't be anywhere near as big a task as your first QMS.

If you do feel as though you want it done for you, we offer an ongoing support service for £395 per year, this would look after your PV side and if you decide to go on this I will arrange to sort out your Solar Thermal free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back