25 year old boiler! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 25 year old boiler! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nifty

Hi all

My Thorn m32 standing boiler works very well, its approx 25 years old, the only downside is there is no timer on it which means its freezing in the mornings and when i come home from work.

my question is, what timer can i buy for this model? does it have to be a certain timer or will any do?

to turn the boiler on i turn the burner dial on the boiler and then flick the power switch on the wall and it boots up.

thermostat is in the living room.

regards
Nifty

Hi all

My Thorn m32 standing boiler works very well, its approx 25 years old, the only downside is there is no timer on it which means its freezing in the mornings and when i come home from work.

my question is, what timer can i buy for this model? does it have to be a certain timer or will any do?

to turn the boiler on i turn the burner dial on the boiler and then flick the power switch on the wall and it boots up.

thermostat is in the living room.

regards
Nifty
any basic external programmer will work on this boiler/system
But you will probably have to get someone in to wire it up,as will have to know system wiring
For now if you have a plug at power switch and not a fused spear you could just interupt plug with a plug in timer ,to allow you to have auto heating on in morning and night,however you will not be able to split heating from hot water,so in summer or when you do not want heating you will have to get proper programmer or revert back to turning on manualy in summer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Puddle

With the thermostat in the living room it has a switch where i can choose hot water and central heating or just hot water.

the boiler in the kitchen has a fused spear so with a timer i could still use the switchs in the living room for either the central heating and water or just water to heat up??

ive taken a picture of the boiler and switch on the wall as im not 100% sure about the spear.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Nifty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
The room thermostat should turn the boiler off...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
If anyone has any more ideas or obvious next...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Back