3 Zone Ch system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 3 Zone Ch system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

B

bob_mac

Hi,

I am trying to redesign my CH system, at the moment I have 3 floors, ground 1st and 2nd. My CH is either on, on all levels or off. I want to be able to switch each level on independantly of each other.

I have a Worcester 28 greenstar boiler an unvented water storage tank a honeywell programmer and one thermostat in the downstairs hall.

What I propose to do is use a Horstmann ChannelPlus H47XL 4 Channel 7 Day Programmer with 3 Hortsmann HRT4-ZW Wireless Room Thermostats and recievers (one for each level) I am going to use Honeywell 4043 valves (as I have them already)

Does anyone forsee a problem with this design or can suggest a better way of doing things? any advice would be greatly appreciatted.

Thanks guys

Cheers for that,

Can you tell me why the horstmann controller is the only one I can find that controls more than 2 zones? surely I'm not the only person to want more than two heating zones?

I'm not really bothered about cost (within reason) I just want to achieve the best design that I can. Other designs like the Honeywell use programeable thermostats in each zone, I think that would just complicate matters and would be much easier (for my wife lol) if it was all on one programer in the kitchen.

Is my understanding of the other system correct? what do most other people do? I am just trying to research this so that I can get a system that I will be happy with and not wish that I had done differently later on

Cheers

Horstmann have made multichannel programmers for domestic and light commercial applications for years, but I can't remember seeing one from another manufacturer. Basic single and twin channel programmers/programable stats are so cheap that I don't suppose it was worth anyone else tooling up for such a niche market.

I'm not really bothered about cost (within reason) I just want to achieve the best design that I can. Other designs like the Honeywell use programeable thermostats in each zone, I think that would just complicate matters and would be much easier (for my wife lol) if it was all on one programer in the kitchen.

Is my understanding of the other system correct? what do most other people do? I am just trying to research this so that I can get a system that I will be happy with and not wish that I had done differently later on

Cheers
i use 2 2 channel programmers because i am tight

Horstmann have made multichannel programmers for domestic and light commercial applications for years, but I can't remember seeing one from another manufacturer. Basic single and twin channel programmers/programable stats are so cheap that I don't suppose it was worth anyone else tooling up for such a niche market.

I think your right Horstmann is the only supplier with more than 2 channels, but why surely it's not that rare that someone wants more than two heating zones. I no you can use two programers but it doesnt look nice compared to "one box that does all" I can't understand it TBH

Aaaahhh ok that clears this problem up for me never realised it was so simple, cheers.... now anyone got any sensible suggestions?

it was a sensible suggestion, if you fit the bathroom on the living zone you dont need to turn a whole zone on to use a warm bathroom.

the most sensible suggestion i have is get help from somebody who knows what he/she is doing when you fit it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
Interesting idea when most people at the...
Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
  • Question
@Mjward if you have a Facebook account why not...
Replies
Views
Back