4 boilers for 4 flats | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 4 boilers for 4 flats in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without seeing the job it is very difficult to help with pricing, too many variables regarding lay out, materials etc etc. I think you will be looking at about 1500-1800 labour only per flat at a very rough guess.

If there getting the materials point them in the right direction to the merchants.

write it down as AWheating has said per day for stages.
If you think you are going to forget something write down each task then work out time taken.

I always work out time taken based on one man, its easier to judge.

Without seeing the job it is very difficult to help with pricing, too many variables regarding lay out, materials etc etc. I think you will be looking at about 1500-1800 labour only per flat at a very rough guess.

Seems fair to me. Kind of close to my figure. The pipe runs will be easy as the floors are all up. So just a bit of notching.

Oh blimey, there are 4 flats, not 3. So between 6-7k labour. Sounds good to me mfgs. I shall see what i come up with when I sit down and write it out like AW has said.

8 to 9 k for the lot turn up mob handed motor through it whilst reminding everyone your the elite trade

If there getting the materials point them in the right direction to the merchants.

write it down as AWheating has said per day for stages.
If you think you are going to forget something write down each task then work out time taken.

I always work out time taken based on one man, its easier to judge.

I shall give this a go. I have only had to quote just for me before. Never others. I also don't know what the other guys are like as It is a friend of a friend who passed this job onto me through these two guys who usually work on new builds in central

Dont forget you need AECVs and test points if the run to the flat is more than 6m from the meters.
Don't short change yourself!!!!!
Tell the client you will draw up a list of stuff that they must provide and you will need to be paid to do this. The materials must be on site on the day you need them or a charge will be applied. If things arrive wrong or damaged THEY need to sort it out and get replacements. Tell them you will provide 3 days notice of all the things req.

You cant do all the work on the spec (contractors design) and not get paid.

I wouldn't work like that myself.
If I spec then I buy and add 15%.

Last edited:
my merchant sometimes gives me a credit on the difference he charges me and a customer i supply him with that wants to save by buying themselves!! did a job today, customer bought rads and towel rail, to swop, so drained down swapped 2 rads and came to towel rail which was damaged in box, but installed it anyhow as its cosmetic and told custard the issue. they asked why i hadnt swapped it and explained they had proviced and i was install only, to replace will cost them again:) some people just dont get it theyll have to order replacement themselves when down in their holiday home next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This one is taking shape now bit of a change...
Replies
Views
Yes, a 24kW will be fine - just what you need.
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
Back