90mm water mains | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 90mm water mains in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The job im on at the minute has had a 90mm water mains run into the building which I need to
put a stop tap and double check valve on for water board to inspect and then connect up.

Its massively oversized for what its serving, 32mm would have been plenty.

The biggest mdpe ive ever worked on was 63mm, can 90mm be dealt with the same, i.e I know philmac do a 90mm to 3" female iron adapter and plasson do the same but also do a 90mm to 2" FI adapter.

I only need to come off this in 28mm so could I use the above plasson fitting and then a 2" to 1" bush and an inch male iron then 28mm to a stopcock?

Or is 90mm normally done with fusion weld flanges etc

Wow thats big cloot..... do they want a drain off aswell lol,,,
Never worked on that size of pipe b4,

Wow thats big cloot..... do they want a drain off aswell lol,,,
Never worked on that size of pipe b4,

Me neither, i went to ask when they were bringing the water main in so i could valve it off etc. Site manager said its in, i said no its not theres just a duct there... turns out what i thought was a duct was the water mains, which has been concreted in the slab, no duct lol.

I assumed u could use a mech philmac/plasson FI adapter type fitting on it then mapress off that but I suppose I wanted to know if commercial boys would see this as a bit of a bodge rather than using fusion weld flanges and coming off of that, if thats the proper way to do it then I would get someone else in to do it.

Last edited:
Waiting for the water board to do an inspection first. Picked up that plasson fi adapter from drain centre in luton, very nicely engineered those larger plasson fittings, better than the domestic sized ones.

any pics ? (of the install)

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
25mm main is for 1 property. 3 or more would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
but the iron pipework will need sorting and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here are the temperatures and kill times...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, both. Good tips. Will give them a go.
Replies
Views
Back