Acceptable workmanship? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Acceptable workmanship? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Its harder to do a job wrong then it is to do it right ..this should be taught across all the construction trades . People who take pride in their work do it right first time from what I see in the trades when people hate their job they dont care whats right or wrong just do what they can get away with to cover themselves lready told a few moaning apprentices if they dont like plumbing do something else had some great lads also willing and eager to learn everything from the trade

Totally disagree if you can't do the job properly then move on at the end of the day it's not always down to price there are standards we all need to adhere to and if you can't/don't then you shouldn't be doing this job .There is absolutely no excuse for inferior and shoddy workmanship...ever....brum

Many valid points but the fault in my eyes lies with the inspectors / Nhbc who pass these properties. If they did their job correctly like people buying new properties are led to believe, then the crap workmanship could be eliminated. I carry out works in loads of new properties and from the design in terms of accessibility of serviceable items to the actual workmanship it's a disgrace. On the plus side, it gives me loads of work repairing the faults.

Agree. Abbey Fields estate in Colchester: all new build and, having worked on a couple, I wouldn't buy one myself. Found a 1.5" waste unclipped and shared by bath and basin in new build and running uphill to SVP - need I say more? The other trades seem to have worked to a similar 'high' standard.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
H
  • Question
Was/is this joint visible to the plumber or...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back