acs-gas safe registered advice | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss acs-gas safe registered advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
...lol.........nah....haven't you heard, we've an iPad app for doing that now as well..........

Just as i thought Blumper, even got some-thing to wipe your backside, you guys in the SE have got it made, us old country boys still useing hand full of grass. (watch out for nettles)

I am coming towards the end of a 2-year level II plumbing tech cert. Our course tutor has told us the NVQ option is no longer available unless you are an apprentice.

I am looking to go onto level III next year which provides an introduction into gas appliances as well as more in depth look at cold water and central heating systems.
I am lucky as in a previous job I used to fit cookers, so have been on the gas safe register before (although it has now expired), meaning I can just re take my gas exams and get reigistered again.

However, for my fellow classmates looking to get into gas, they have been told the only route now is to take a 'Gas foundation course', which will cost in the region of £2500, which also requires the student to do 400 hours of supervised gas work with a registered engineer!

Unfortunately, the cost means it is now not really an option for most to go into gas unless they are apprenticed with a company.

....So to become gas registered with a 'Fast track' training company in 10 days or so, I would very much doubt.
I suspect you would be wasting your money.

Even on the basic plumbing level II we are finding many lads falling behind on coursework and failing exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im jay from south croydon. I am halfway...
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Back