ACS questions | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ACS questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The permissable leakage rate for a new gas installation is:
a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

you will need to find easier questions captain, they aint takin you up on these ones!!!!!!!!!!
PS cant remember the CO concentration one off the top of my head so thats a good one

Was asked to put some up, so thought I'd try!!! Obviously should have tried harder. Lol

oil av a go

Which of the following is the minimum concentration of carbon monoxide within the air that will cause occupants to fall victim to coma within a few minutes:
a. 0.05%
b. 0.4%
c. 0.8%
d. 1.0%

trick question?. 0.32%/3200ppm

Which of the Gas Safety Regulations compels the operative to use a temporary continuiuty bond where necessary?
a. Regulation 5
b. Regulation 10
c. Regulation 18
d. Regulation 26

b, reg 10

When testing a new installation with air prior to the installation of a gas supply, it is not necessary to allow 1 minute for stabilisation.
a. True
b. False

b, false
a. 0mb
b. 1mb
c. 2mb
d. 4mb

a,0mb

I'd have given it a go, but didn't want to answer them all and let others have a chance.

Got to admit the CO one is a tad confusing. I reckon it's 0.8% if you are expecting unconsciousness with in minutes.

acs questions are difficult enough, all i can say is, it's a good job some of you aren't setting the real questions, i'd still be there!! Normally those that ask 'trick' questions are .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, make your own conclusions here!

acs questions are difficult enough, all i can say is, it's a good job some of you aren't setting the real questions, i'd still be there!! Normally those that ask 'trick' questions are .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, make your own conclusions here!

thats the whole point about the "real" questions, there aren't any trick questions its the way you are reading them, the above questions are real but when you answer them in the house or during training there isnt any pressure but when you are sitting an assessment your eyes change the words

Yes, do understand, just having a bit of fun!! Obviously it's the old 'Frank Carson' phrase; "it's the way oi tell'em"
So i suppose if i show you a photo of some fantastic pipework under a combi boiler, all parallel, plumb, level, neat, nice bends, clean, no snots, polished etc, you would say.... "that looks good, must have been a real pro job" and then i say.. yeah, but he's mixed up the flow and returns!!
Not a 'trick' though?

Iv noticed a few people asking for acs questions lately, Why not post our own questions and keep every day a learning day. We all have to do these exams at the end of the day it could come as a good refresher.
Mac

Question: how many m3 of free air wold a o/f
20kw gross bbu with a 8kw gross fire need.

No need to respond to answer unless u really want

Lets look at this from a different angle. Talking about m3 air.

28kW total will burn approx 3m3 gas per hour. We require 10m3 of air per 1m3 of gas to achieve complet combustion and assist the flue. Therfore we require 30m3 of air per hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I'd actually agree with this but it's the...
Replies
Views
Agree completely. I learn't loads, in a nice...
Replies
Views
A
Steve @ 50l/kw if the stove has an output to...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E
Back