Acs questions??? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Acs questions??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just passed my ACS course, in hindsight it was pretty easy, although i didnt think so at the time !!

I can definately confirm that the assessors didnt give any answers away, if asked about a question they would just say "Its in the book somewhere"

I agree a lot of it is pure trivia, but at the same time you'll never forget some of the questions you struggled with.

I think it should be more based towards practical because there were some guys there that could probably do the job better than anyone, but are bad with the theory side - i know the two need to be used in conjunction, but if they can prove they can work safely then they dont need to know some of the obscure questions. I know one plumber who has given up on gas work altogether because he's dislexic and just cant manage the ACS, its a shame really.

Basically, if you can read you can pass the ACS and i dont think it should be that way.

My first post and a rant already :D

check out the gb gas website - very handy - found the site from there iphone apps - gas training online - just what u need to help. subscribe for a small fee - video tutorial's spot on.

lol yh it was on the written papers, i was like2-3 papers infront of everybody at all times, even on the practical, i slowed down by thursday night, but on friday morning, went in banged it all out, and was gone by half 1 again, d ova 3 guys jus started there CENWAT1 or jus nearly finished 1 appliance and had 1 to go, and yes good support all thanks to you kirk :), thanks again for everthing, still waiting for these darnn certificates to come through, do you know roughy how long NICEIC take for ACS certs??

I got my certificates in four days ,so quick couldn't belive it ...

Ive just passed my ACS course, in hindsight it was pretty easy, although i didnt think so at the time !!

I can definately confirm that the assessors didnt give any answers away, if asked about a question they would just say "Its in the book somewhere"

I agree a lot of it is pure trivia, but at the same time you'll never forget some of the questions you struggled with.

I think it should be more based towards practical because there were some guys there that could probably do the job better than anyone, but are bad with the theory side - i know the two need to be used in conjunction, but if they can prove they can work safely then they dont need to know some of the obscure questions. I know one plumber who has given up on gas work altogether because he's dislexic and just cant manage the ACS, its a shame really.

Basically, if you can read you can pass the ACS and i dont think it should be that way.

My first post and a rant already :D

how would u prefer it, a test of memory?

that wassss quickkk, ive been waiting about 8 days then, im going to make a couple of phone callss.

8 days or 8 working days?
bpec centres have 10 working days to complete paperwork then the certification centre has 20 working days to process and send to GSR, it never takes that long, with an average candidate getting certificates about 14-21 days (NOT working days) after completing the assessments with us

passed on friday the 4th of november so altogether its been 8 days and 5 workiing days not including sat and sun, so im hoping i should get something this week,

passed on friday the 4th of november so altogether its been 8 days and 5 workiing days not including sat and sun, so im hoping i should get something this week,

more likely to be week after next at the earliest, they could be still lying on the assessors desk for another week to be IV'd then sent, depends on their current workload, think you are too hopeful expecting them next week but its possible

how would u prefer it, a test of memory?

I wouldnt go as far as to say a test of memory, because that would only be testing how good a persons memory is.

I definately think there should be more closed book questions, which arent multiple choice, for the stuff that everyone working with gas should know without looking in a book.

Then the usual open book multi choice for the obscure stuff that you'd probably forget anyway, and refer to when needed.

The practical was very basic, but i guess theres not a whole lot involved in domestic gas testing anyway.

This is all my own opinion of course, which according to the wife, means very little...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
You may have a undiagnosed learning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
Back