Adding a booster pump to a secondary system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adding a booster pump to a secondary system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I think the point is this doesn’t add up. The cylinder that we’ve seen the top of will not have the capacity to feed three bathrooms I can’t believe this has ever worked

Are you a plumber?

No, and have never pretended to be on here. I have a building contract company and have a plumber that is away over Xmas. Needed to see if I can get hot water pressure in short term before putting in an invented system.

Will the cyclinder not work due to the capacity?

Should be fine if you run one bathroom at a time but won't last with all 3 going at the same time less than 5 mins on full load

My advice would be get G3 qualified engineer in after the festive period as this isn’t fixed just with a pump in fact you are exacerbating the problem and using up hot water even quicker. There’s much more to it

This is the comment I made earlier. Sometimes the only option is an expensive one. What is the pressure both static and dynamic? you need this info before you know if unvented is viable and recorded at different times of day and especially at times of high usage in the area. You may need an accumulator too. The answer can be quite complex and there are lots of things to take into consideration that may not be obvious to none plumbers. The hot water has been under gravity for years and then you are pressurising it and this can lead to problems not caused by but exposing issues that have been there for ages.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Well, I'm thinking if your HOT OUT goes in a...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back