Advice on boiler choice.. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on boiler choice.. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that the Ideal Logic Plus requires a magnetic filter and the warranty apparently only possible via Ideal Approved fitters.

That'll push the cost up...

Heard that the Ideal Logic Plus requires a magnetic filter and the warranty apparently only possible via Ideal Approved fitters.

That'll push the cost up...

This is tosh. Should have a filter fitted anyway (thought the £1500 might have included this) but its not mandatory. Ideal dont have approved installers afaik, the extended warranty is open to everyone.

Hi guys,
Hoping you could help.
Been quoted approx £1500 (all inclusive) for a new boiler at semidet house.

Options include

Potterton 24KW combi condensing boiler (Promax or Heatmax) with about 3yr warranty

or

Alpha Intec 28x combi boiler with similar warranty.

Which would you go for? Been tearing my hair out!

I just want something reliable and that promises peace of mind!

Thanks everyone.

I would go with the boiler with the longest warranty in the range that you can afford - with so many GSRs on here recommending the Ideal, I would think it's a no-brainer.

£1500 sounds a good price, try haggling to include a filter - imo it would be a false economy not to fit a filter to any new boiler installation.

The work of a filter is explained here:-

trappex | advanced magnetic and non-magnetic particle filter

I would like to thank everyone for all their help so far.

One more question please, with a manufacturer warranty, do I still need Boiler Cover?

I would like to thank everyone for all their help so far.

One more question please, with a manufacturer warranty, do I still need Boiler Cover?

You'll need to have your appliance serviced every 12 months from date of installation, but all repairs relating to the boiler will be covered by warranty. Note, this does not include radiators, leaking pipes etc.

Thanks everyone for your help, boiler fitted!

I need some further advice, what sort of documentation should I expect from my gas fitter? The invoice I received has absolutely no details of the boiler or parts that he used, is that normal? There is no breakdown of costs, nothing.

Should I get any specific paperwork for my warranty?

Thanks a lot. Rather confused.

It's not normal to break down an invoice, this would normally be detailed at the estimate stage. In your case the invoice would state something like " To supply and fit Ideal Logic + 30 combi, flush system and commission all as estimated £****.00 "

You'll need to register the boiler to get the warranty, if it's an Ideal logic+ you need to do this within 30 days to get the 7 year warranty.

Your installer should also register your boiler through Gas safe and you'll get a building regs certificate through the post.

My Vaillant boiler came with benchmark card, i.e. Installation, Commissioning and Service Record Log Book.

The customer's details are on the front, the Installer's, and the Commissioning Engineer's details are on the inside cover, (including Corgi/Gas Safe number) as are the details and serial number of the boiler.

The next page details: Commissioning Procedure Information - System cleaner used, Inhibitor, etc.

Then temperature details: Flow & Return...

Details of any scale reducers fitted next (Combi only)...

Then a number of tick boxes to confirm that various things have been done.

On the back is a list of 10 annual Service dates, details of engineer, etc.

Says on the front of the booklet that failure to carry out the enclosed procedures may invalidate the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back