Advice on gas fire fitting please | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on gas fire fitting please in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Hi all, have been asked to fit a Stovax Stockton 5 gas stove. Don't normally fit gas fires as a rule but this is for a lad i know. I have followed the MI's and fit a 5" flue liner already, ordered the fire and the adaptor from the steel flue to the liner, there is a lad there boarding all the walls and ceilings in fireboard and he is installing the fireboard in the chimney opening and has asked me to cut a 5" hole in and put my steel flue through this, he's an experienced dry liner and assures me the board is what he normally uses for this job, if it is correct do I need to put a fire seal in between the board and the flue or is an intumescent mastic fine for the job ???? Any advice welcome....Thanks in advance !!

hi goz, that would be fine you can use fire cement but it tends to crack with age
imo

Cheers fella, am glad about that I already have some in the van...lol..over your way tomoz M65 Gas services doing the Intergas one day course.

good place, say hi to kevin from me :)

dancinplumba, just another question am fitting this fire on thursday this week. There will be a joint between the metal flue and the flue liner hidden in the chimney, Do i need to put an access hatch in for flues in voids regs ??

well, thats a good one ??? is it a void ? is it the builders opening ? is it chimney ?, thats funny cos i have a gas stove like that... maybe someone else on here could help out ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Thanks so much everyone for your...
Replies
Views
Depends on the size of the builders opening...
Replies
Views
As far as I am concerned, and I have fitted...
Replies
Views
I replaced a boiler at a property earlier this...
Replies
Views
Back