Gas fire , chimney liner query. Minimum 125mm/5” ? | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas fire , chimney liner query. Minimum 125mm/5” ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

View attachment 37204 I personally would be happy using a 5” pipe as from what I’ve read. But I can’t do the work.

You would be wrong.

Is the chimney breast built in block/bricks, or timber?

Tell the owner to contact gas safe. The fires must be notified, and the flue comes under gas work. Use the GS find an installer to check his registration or ask GS.

A registered fire guys should not be asking "lots of people". Flue if that type and size is horrendously expensive (and it will be insulated) - it probably would have been cheaper to build a proper chimney. Assuming, of course, that it has been procured legitimately.

- Direct Flues

Furthermore, only a nutter these days would fit a basket fire. As has been pointed out, they are pretty much decorative only. With a correct ventilator, they can actually have a NEGATIVE efficiency. The 6Kw is never going to heat a decent sized room, so central heating will be on. The fire heats up the chimney, massively increasing the air changes in the room, which will suck out the warm air heated by the rads.

This will not end well.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

In some circumstances the height of a chimney...
Replies
Views
get a good sweep in and get it video'd.
Replies
Views
S
ALL very helpful. Thanks a lot. I'll let you...
Replies
Views
spantik
S
Back