Advice on smart thermostat/RF | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice on smart thermostat/RF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
825 is way too small. doesn't matter if you only have 4 out of 7 rads on at any one time, your plumber needs to calculate for the house and not just for you. 825 is suitable for a 1 bed/1 bath flat, you need the 830 or even better the 835. I prefer the ecotoc plus, its a bigger boiler and has SS heat exchanger and has been around for years and reliable. ecofit pure is relatively new but I fit them as they have a rear flue outlet which is very handy and they fit in a kitchen cupboard very nicely. They have a cast aluminium heat exchanger but as long as the system is flushed properly and chemically treated you shouldn't have any problems.

Oh really?I was wondering about this as my neighbours (same flat as mine) has a 35Kw combi fitted last year, not a 25kwh.
Would this 835 give me better pressure in the sower than the 825?

825 is way too small. doesn't matter if you only have 4 out of 7 rads on at any one time, your plumber needs to calculate for the house and not just for you. 825 is suitable for a 1 bed/1 bath flat, you need the 830 or even better the 835. I prefer the ecotoc plus, its a bigger boiler and has SS heat exchanger and has been around for years and reliable. ecofit pure is relatively new but I fit them as they have a rear flue outlet which is very handy and they fit in a kitchen cupboard very nicely. They have a cast aluminium heat exchanger but as long as the system is flushed properly and chemically treated you shouldn't have any problems.
You tell the OP that the engineer should calculate the size of the apartment and that the boiler is to small but then you proceed to tell the OP they need an 830 or a 835?? Have you seen or measure and calculated the correct size of boiler needed for the apartment or are YOU just guessing?????

Just guessing as I don’t have havent seen the flat or have access to any calculations for the flat but a 25kw boiler is not big enough based on how many bed and bathrooms they have. What i should have said is you need an 830 or an 835 but would need to do the calculations first.

To the OP, an 835 would give a better hot water outlet to the shower but would also depend on incoming mains pressure and flow etc...

Just guessing as I don’t have havent seen the flat or have access to any calculations for the flat but a 25kw boiler is not big enough based on how many bed and bathrooms they have. What i should have said is you need an 830 or an 835 but would need to do the calculations first.

To the OP, an 835 would give a better hot water outlet to the shower but would also depend on incoming mains pressure and flow etc...

Depends one bathroom-might have an electric shower

Unless your running a bath 25kw is big enough

No problem. You also cannot fit the pump onto the combi also.
Yeah, sadly I realised that. This has me a little worried as I would like good pressure in the bathroom shower, instead of this dribling. The shower is over bath. It has a thermostatic bath and shower mixer. The pump has a hot water and cold water feeds, though there is only good pressure when I turn the mixer to hot.

Where did you measure the flow from bath taps ?
I did not measure it, nor did the plumber. At present it is a gravity fed system with a pump. The hot water pressure at the shower is good, but the cold water is weak. However, next to those is a sink where the cold water pressure is good. Go figure!

i would imagine your cold to the shower could be tank fed not mains as the sink will be the shower feed should be equal pressure on hot and cold or there is a pressure reducing valve on the cold to the shower which has gone faulty or the filter could be blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes...
Replies
Views
H
What system do you have? Can you post a photo...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It's up to you how you wish to proceed but...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
Back