Advice Please - Disconnected toilet, what 15mm cap end do i need? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice Please - Disconnected toilet, what 15mm cap end do i need? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

There is an old gate type isolator near the HW tap, i'm hoping i can remove insert and reassemble, get flow going hopefully, isolate, then reassemble, reopen valve.
Otherwise it will be messy. lol

Cheers guys.

Could always 'fix' the jumper did hundreds as a apprentice!
Two hammers end of jumper rested on one hit end of jumper with other hammer turn it slightly oval will hold it up stem of tap.

Why would i want to damage the jumper to keep it open?
It's easier to simply remove it surely?

Anyway guys little update, i did not have to do anything to the system? The pressure was fine??

The only thing i did do yesterday before i left was put the HW/boiler on constant.....

Has the expanding water simply increased the pressure? Or has the presumed airlock simply freed itself??

Anyone got any views on this? I will turn it off tomorrow and test it again the following day.

Cheers

Two hammers end of jumper rested on one hit end of jumper with other hammer turn it slightly oval will hold it up stem of tap.
Seeing as the OP didn't like the loose jumper, this was good advice. The OP didn't appreciate it, but I think you were helpful, thanks.

Seeing as the OP didn't like the loose jumper, this was good advice. The OP didn't appreciate it, but I think you were helpful, thank

Ah, sorry i was confused by your response tbh, so by hammering/flattening the the 'pins' on the jumpers, then placing them forcefully back in the threaded part it was cause them to effectively jam and lift up and down when screwed.
Great idea tbh, sorry i misunderstood.

Plus MANY thanks to everyone who helped with the problem, great advice as usual and it IS much appreciated!!!!

Similar plumbing topics

Hi How did you get on with your toilet...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
F
Thanks for your reply. I don't think so. I...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back