ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

The flue is'ant sealed around as the products of combustion can get into the loft can't be passable surely

That isn’t an issue per say, the plume is directed past any over hangs/protrusions that could effect the clearance of flue products. You could quite acceptably have a vented soffit board running right the way across. Most eaves are ventilated in some manner.

Stu.

Before you all carry on casting judgement, just bear in mind that you’ve no idea how much the job cost to install and what was agreed before the job commenced.
Agreed on the bricking up/making good
But it needs to meet regs and I think thats what everyone else was concerned with

The picture of the pressure relief could be deceiving and actually very slightly aim towards the wall. The cut out of the fascia is due to the height of the boiler being mounted so high and that’s been done to due to making up the hole on the day of install, so the bracket has been fixed just above the square hole. But the flue meets regs, so nowt more to see here.

Hello
I have been out so could not respond until now. This chap was a friend and he gave me his quote and I did not try to knock him down. I have done a lot to help this chap but I didn’t expect any freebies I just wanted a good job done. On the night he finished he finished the job late and he was paid in full as I trusted the work would be fine. I went with his advice on the boiler , fittings etc as i trusted him as you would. He said he would do all the work himself but he left someone to carry out the work which is where it all went wrong as plainly he was not up to doing the job in his own. I have a big hole behind the boiler, the boiler came away from the wall, the pipes were not lagged in the loft, I had a leak in the loft to mention a few issues. When I questioned him about why the boiler was cut into the fascia he told me the boiler could not be lowered as it would have to be 200mm below the eaves.This never made sense as the flue was in the eaves where he installed it. I think he either drilled the flue before checking height outside or could not be bothered to take tiles off , lower the boiler and make good the big hole that is behind the boiler.

As you can see I am still upset as I thought he was a good friend. If I had known he would do the job like this I can assure you I would not have asked him to do it in the first place.

I just wanted to clear this up.

Thank you all again
Peter

Tad on the high side for London area

This was to install boiler and 6 rads in a two bed maisonette. If his quote would have been higher I would have paid it as I trusted him. I said should I get a Valliant or Worcester boiler and he advised Intergas.

So new system so no too bad then

Hello All
They are the original soffit boards and the fascia is wood covered on upvc cladding which was added later . I intend to replace the soffis and fascia with new upvc ones very soon.
Will this be ok.
Thanks
Peter

Hello All
They are the original soffit boards and the fascia is wood covered on upvc cladding which was added later . I intend to replace the soffis and fascia with new upvc ones very soon.
Will this be ok.
Thanks
Peter

Yes just get them to use some silicon round the flue where they cut there upvc

Similar plumbing topics

Best place to look is in that particular...
Replies
Views
N
no mate what your doing is gas work simple we...
Replies
Views
newbie1
N
S
I think you have a plubber who talks rubbish...
Replies
Views
abcgascare
A
W
You need a proper gsr in to look at your...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back