Advice required on upgrading a duct air central heating system?? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice required on upgrading a duct air central heating system?? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fredrico

hi, my grandmothers house is up for sale and the existing gas central heating is a duct system (i.e. no radiators). The house is a 3 bed split level semi detached and was built in 1971 and this system was the original system however 11 years ago the boiler etc was replaced/upgraded. Whereas the system works fine prospective buyers are put off by this as they want a more up to date system i.e. a Combi probably with radiators.

My question is...... could we install a Combi boiler but put the heat through the existing ducts or would radiators have to be installed too?

Thanks

go for combi and rads, forget the warm air system depending on where you are will be £3500 to £4500 to do the job properly.

I used to be qualified to do warm air installations with Corgi in 2009, but when I had to take my re-assessment I decided not to bother with that category again, because it cost more and I only got one warm air job in all the time I was registered with Corgi. The same applied to non-domestic. Cost more but hardly ever used.
I don't think there are many qualified Warm air installers around, like there used to be.
I consider that type of heating to be unsafe. Or easy to become so.
None of the Councils fit it any more.
I agree with Oldplumber.
Go for a combi. Safer and considerably cheaper to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
Back