Help! - Noisy central heating system – not heating water well …… | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help! - Noisy central heating system – not heating water well …… in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

If it's a 60's house chances are you don't have the water pressure and flow rate to be able to utilise an unvented cylinder anyway.

An EV is usually based on 10% system volume'ish so an 8 litre EV would do for a small system.

have ordered a 12litre EV and install kit to err on the safe side - plan to install it in the AC above the HW tank - directly into the lines that currently go up the wall into the loft to the expansion tank.

was very reasonable - here -

do i need anything else ?

anything i should watch out for ?

yep - the F/E pipes

i see the instructions say preferably on the return side - but doesn't say MUST - so i m hoping that is not essential

as i understand it as long as the system volume is able to expand unhindered into the vessel - then it will work correctly - and since no air can get sucked in via the vessel - that should solve the air issue

no?

It’s best for it to go onto the return but your fine if you put it on the old tank supply pipe etc

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
The timeclock is hopefully fairly self...
Replies
Views
Back