Advice with a new combi | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Advice with a new combi in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

Looking for a new combi, for a 2 bed 1 bathroom/shower semi.

I’ve managed to narrow my options down to 3. They are- WB green star 25i, WB green star 28CDI and a viessmann 050w 29kw.

Reading all reviews of them I was starting to lean towards the Viessmann as I’m yet to read a negative thing about them. My only worry is that parts may be hard to come by with it not being widely used in the UK yet.

Has anyone got any experience with viessmann and are my concerns warranted or are parts readily available these days?

Also the 28CDI seems to be cheaper than the 25i despite being more powerful, why is this?

Thanks

viessmann boilers are extremely good parts are easy they have been widely sold in the uk for a long time now I would go for the 100 rather than the 050 as that one is the trade boiler and slightly cheaper. don't dismiss Vaillant boilers, I won't mention the Worcester as I don't like them, but you will get many different boilers as all engineers have their favourites. the only problem I had with viesmann was a few years ago their customer service let them down, don't know if they have improved.

viessmann boilers are extremely good parts are easy they have been widely sold in the uk for a long time now I would go for the 100 rather than the 050 as that one is the trade boiler and slightly cheaper. don't dismiss Vaillant boilers, I won't mention the Worcester as I don't like them, but you will get many different boilers as all engineers have their favourites. the only problem I had with viesmann was a few years ago their customer service let them down, don't know if they have improved.
Thanks for the reply. That’s good to know that the parts are easy to source.
From what I’ve seen the 29kw 050 seems to be much cheaper than the 26kw 100. Both coming up at £663 and £973 ex vat respectively on CPS.

I was looking at the vaillant ecotec plus 825 but seems to be much more expensive than the others mentioned.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Start at the tank and move in methodically...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Mega flow 210i /capacity 195ltr. Was the...
Replies
Views
D
If you rebuild a lada it's still a lada.
Replies
Views
Back