Anti tamper thermostat controls | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anti tamper thermostat controls in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all sorry that I’ve not been on in a while. Lost my mother and have been struggling to get back on even keel work wise. Hopefully easing back in now and I’ve found an awkward customer situation. Elderly couple with dementia who constantly fiddle with boiler controls and more specifically the programmer. Their neighbour is very kindly trying to help them out and thinks a combi would help. I think it’s a lot of money to replace what is a working system. I’m wondering if there are tamperproof programmers available on the market?? You know, set, lock, walk away any help appreciated

Sorry to hear about that

You can get anti tamper boxes That you can lock

Thanks mate, I was trying to avoid an actual locked box as that apparently draws their attention even more. Was hoping for something that you needed a key to use or a passcode or something so it doesn’t matter how many buttons they press they won’t get anywhere

Hi Riley. Sorry to hear of your loss,
How about fitting another programmer elsewhere, unknown to them and then disconnect their original one from the system but leave it with power so it has nice shiny lights and clock which they can fiddle with to their hearts content?

I thought about the dummy one too. I’m just really surprised there’s nothing out there
[automerge]1600724632[/automerge]
Thanks For condolences

Smart control looked after by someone else.
Or one of these

Sorry for your loss, Hive has a child lock feature on the programmable thermostat, so you could set the programmed times an temperature, then it can’t be altered until you unlock it & it will still light up if the customers are intrigued an tinker with it

That’s an interesting one. It’s really the programmer side that I need. Randomly they never get confused with the old Drayton room stat

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
We can only comment on the description you've...
Replies
Views
F
Personally i like to wire everything into a...
Replies
Views
T
A
The radiators will have cooled down overnight...
Replies
Views
Z
dangerous can o worms. get some one in..
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back