TRV Continuously Shutting Radiator Off | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss TRV Continuously Shutting Radiator Off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been piped wrong. Get the installers back but on Eco you'd have more luck picking 123456 for Saturdays lottery.

Would you say it's been piped wrong by these new installers, and nothing to do with the original 30 year old installation (all radiators worked fine before new work)?

If so, for my own reference, any "ideas" (I know it's going to be vague without you inspecting in person, but even your and other members' "educated guess" would help me) what they might've done wrong?

Thank you.

To answer "doitmyself," no one is going around the house adjusting the TRV's on the other radiators.
Then what do you mean by: "If all the other radiators in the house are off, and we only want the Bedroom radiator or the Hallway radiator to be On?

The only way you can achieve that is to turn off the unwanted rads at the TRV.

Then what do you mean by: "If all the other radiators in the house are off, and we only want the Bedroom radiator or the Hallway radiator to be On?

The only way you can achieve that is to turn off the unwanted rads at the TRV.

To clarify, when we wake up first thing in the morning and the Heating/Boiler is off and all radiators TRVs are off, and when the Heating is turned On we only want this particular Bedroom radiator or Hallway radiator to be On. So from beginning of day and from the moment the Heating is first turned On, no one is going around touching the other radiator TRVs.

It's been piped wrong. Get the installers back but on Eco you'd have more luck picking 123456 for Saturdays lottery.

Unfortunately, there is a strong chance this may be the case.

If I want to hire a Gas Engineer privately to rectify this, any ideas how much this will cost as an estimate, as I am based in East London (minimum to maximum)?

Would a Gas Engineer who is correcting this problem need to buy any additional parts for this?

Thank you.

This is the type of thing that need a visit to properly diagnose.
Put a post up in this bit
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

There are a few good lads on here in your neck of the woods who could get you fixed out.
More than a tenner and less than 5k :smile: No one can give you a costing, even vaugely until they see what is involved but you won't be ripped off.
Of course they may need to buy parts but probably limited to pipe and fittings.

Thank you for all your help guys!

I will take everything on board.

I just wanted to ask for my own reference- if we didn't
get anyone to rectify this fault and left things as they are,
apart from the inconvenience, could this cause any long term
problems or damage to the system if we leave things as they are?

To clarify, when we wake up first thing in the morning and the Heating/Boiler is off and all radiators TRVs are off, and when the Heating is turned On we only want this particular Bedroom radiator or Hallway radiator to be On.
The radiators will have cooled down overnight, but that doesn't mean they are off. If the TRV has not been touched, i.e turned down to the lowest setting, the room will warm up, when the heating is turned on, until it reaches the temperature set on the TRV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
There's another similar thead going on this...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done for sorting it. Waggling the trv pin...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
O
Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv...
Replies
Views
Back