Any boilers that can still use 15mm gas supply? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any boilers that can still use 15mm gas supply? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

This may be a basic question for many of you, but I do need good advice. I want to replace my 16 year old 15kw heat only boiler with a more powerful one since we are building an extension onto our small 30yr old house. With the extension completed we will then have 17 small rads, plus the existing hot water cylinder and gas hob. The existing gas feed into the boiler is 15mm. What size boiler can I go up to please?
Is your boiler more than a couple of meters away from your meter? If so, you’re already undersized.

Just to make it really clear.
I'm not a jobsworth and am happy to push the limits when appropriate but...
A 1mb drop is the maximum drop allowed, there's no tolerance and no exceptions!
Even if boiler manufacturer permits it (and they dont) there's a world of difference between safe operation and the requirement for a new install to be compliant.

You would mark undersized pipework on a landlords check you cannot install a boiler not to requirements. If it’s that close I’d either insist on upgrade or walk away

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Where are you reading that the installer is...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately just because it works now...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back