any LAND ROVER experts? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter REDSAW
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 7K

Discuss any LAND ROVER experts? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 looks ok,2 looks like its been tarted up,whats that respray hiding? 3 is to dear for the mileage i am no expert martin but researched the 110 a lot when i was thinking of getting one the bulk head,chassis and rear cross member need careful inspection for rot these guys are immensely helpful Land Rover Owner International magazine - lro.com though and theres buyers guides on there the 200/300 tdi is a cracking lump but can suffer head gasket failure and head issues buy with caution

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget the sound tho, diesel is dear fuel now, v8 on lpg in tax exempt 110 or 2dr rangie is my thotes

Martin Pm me you number and I'll pass on to "Landrover JIM" he's from Notts and there is nothing he doesn't know about land rovers

Martin Pm me you number and I'll pass on to "Landrover JIM" he's from Notts and there is nothing he doesn't know about land rovers
both eco and bod know these 110,s sound advice from eco in my book

It has proberbly got the chassis number of a 1973 model stamped on it, that does not make it tax exepmt if you get stopped

and i am not the seller of said vehicle, was only making suggestion of what i would do

Land rover jims facebook page Jim Bradford, Independent Land Rover Service, Parts & Sales | Facebook

chassis so badly corroded, needed replacement etc, but see data plate, mot cert, all in order

The said land rover has 0% of any land rover from 1973, fine if a 1970's land rover needs a new chassis you can buy one and fit it, but the car still retains leaf springs its old series 3 land rover body, series interior etc etc etc

good info there lads thanks for inputting.

i thought about lpg but cannot find one what do they do to the gallon?. i have lpg supply a mile down the road too.

i also have to keep wifey happy by buying eye candy!. if i turn up in a 'project' i will end up with my dog pre-op ballless since tuesday.lol.

it has to be a looker and good to use as my 'plumbing van' as well as a good investment for a few years.

L/R V8 will do 12-18 to the gallon on LPG maybe less but it cost less to buy. I had the predecessor to the V8 a series 3 2.6 straight 6 and at 70 MPH it did 10MPG, I would go for a TD5 for what you want

well a mg zt with modern engine management returns about 25 to the gallon in a 2 ton car, a landrover 110 loaded with kit and a older v8 with carbs returns much less being a much bigger truck so expect about 18 to the gallon compare this to the cost of lpg at about 45p? per gallon diesels £1;47 most places

well a mg zt with modern engine management returns about 25 to the gallon in a 2 ton car, a landrover 110 loaded with kit and a older v8 with carbs returns much less being a much bigger truck so expect about 18 to the gallon compare this to the cost of lpg at about 45p? per gallon diesels £1;47 most places
cheap at your place then :)

lpg is 79p per litre around the corner, so a v8 will be less worthy of a diesel grunt and economy?. will it not = 20p per mile on lpg?.

does the td5 keep a good value like the 300tdi or will it cost me in repairs?.
i can and have a mig welder, can pull an engine and the rest but i really dont want to have to or loose tools down!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back