Anyone done work for Trade Tek | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone done work for Trade Tek in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My cousin has been in touch with them, never heard of them myself ?

There is no cost involved apparently for the owrk you get i.e. like rated people etc

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them

Cheers

Hello Mate, doing some for them only get the odd job from them, they will try to get you to go any distance, do not pay any running costs / you get 50% of cost of job, do-not get materials on your account always use theirs if you have got to get parts will-not cover time off site all this come's out of your money, if you are working in a large city, with easey access to Plumb Center and can get 4 to 6 jobs a day then it will pay, if like me you are out in the sticks then it will not. They are an emergancy Co do some work for insurance Co You may know them as REACT-FAST based in Birmingham, same people differant name.

Hello Mate, doing some for them only get the odd job from them, they will try to get you to go any distance, do not pay any running costs / you get 50% of cost of job, do-not get materials on your account always use theirs if you have got to get parts will-not cover time off site all this come's out of your money, if you are working in a large city, with easey access to Plumb Center and can get 4 to 6 jobs a day then it will pay, if like me you are out in the sticks then it will not. They are an emergancy Co do some work for insurance Co You may know them as REACT-FAST based in Birmingham, same people differant name.

cheers mate

react fast still about then ??

same old story we got bought out, but just happen to be at same address with same people running it, same set up, except now do-not pay you for getting materials, used to be able to claim up to 1Hr. now only pay for time on site, ! Have you done work for them then Hammers ??

same old story we got bought out, but just happen to be at same address with same people running it, same set up, except now do-not pay you for getting materials, used to be able to claim up to 1Hr. now only pay for time on site, ! Have you done work for them then Hammers ??

say you went out to a leak, you had to go and get materials from plumb centre and come back to fix

took you 2 hours in total, how much would you be earning ?

They charge £79 .00 per hr sometimes they will cut it back just to get the job you get 50% £39.50 less 20% tax = £32.91 take of the running cost of van say £10.00 leaves £22.91 out of this your other overheads say £5.00 = 17.91 works out around £8.50 pr Hr, this is why you need to be close to a Plumb Center. So you see you need a few jobs a day and close together, you will get 50% of proffit on meterials, but you also waste time and phone calls, have to get a price for mats phone it in get ref number all takes time

OK if you can fit in jobs with your own work, but is only one now and then, first job for me this week run all the way to tideford customer had sorted it , job cancell'd , so nothing for me. next one book'd for fri pm Devonport (shower waste) so your not going to earn a fortune from them, usely only get 1 job every 10 days, think its the £79 pr hr + parts +vat they will reduce this to get a booking ! but this also reduces your % age, Had the same when it was Reactfast, just odd jobs and they used to advertise in yellow pages, Used to do quite well with them when I lived in Barkshire, but more money around that area.

I suppose it would be o.k if they gave you day fillers in between the days youa re quiet ,

You dont recommend them then?
From a customer point of view working for them won't bring you second call outs with the client; I did not even know they used outside workers, thought they were a reputable business as was looking for a regular plumber I could trust. I phoned as directory advert sounded good, no callout fee!! Disgusted to be charged £94.80 to connect a washing machine to my kitchen, no extra fittings as the pipework already installed so just I moving into place and connecting up hoses. As I am unemployed seeking work this is TWO WEEKS of my money. A disgrace charging this amount. Even trained psychotherapists only charged £30-45 per hour with many years of training and university degrees. £94.80 for under half hour work is a total rip off. No new Parts at all DO NOT ENTERTAIN USING THESE PEOPLE Friends are always looking for plumbers but I will ensure they do not use these people, I am taking my complaint to a higher authority as have sought advice. the lad doing the job was lovely polite its just the company that prey on people looking to have work done. They will not keep clients though as once bitten twice give them a miss! They should reimburse me £60 of the money paid out as I have now found out what the job should have cost

No good complaining after the job had been done, you would have had the charges explained to you over the phone so you could have refused to use them at that moment in time, it is charged at the rate they told you per Hr or part off, and you would have signed to job sheet that also show's the costs when the Plumber arrived, £79.00 + vat, depending what area you are in some would consider that affair price, I have been out to jobs for them that only took 10 min but they still get charged for the full Hr. As for your remark about what psychotherapists charge with university Degrees, How many years do you think it takes to train as a Plumber he is still a skilled person who has spent men'y years on low wages wile training, What in your world do you think a plumber should be charging ? taking into account the on-going costs involved with doing this job, maybe as much as £3.00 per Hr !! Come on you need to have a reality check on costing's after all it is the 21st century not the 19th

I have done a few jobs for trade Tek over the years take it for what it is fill in work when you are not doing any thing.i personally think it is a good business model and they provide a service to customers and they are 100% up front with they prices to customers.they have never come across to me as a rip off company but more as a well run business providing a service to customers and installers.i have passed on there no to my customers if I can not get to them personally.

From a customer point of view working for them won't bring you second call outs with the client; I did not even know they used outside workers, thought they were a reputable business as was looking for a regular plumber I could trust. I phoned as directory advert sounded good, no callout fee!! Disgusted to be charged £94.80 to connect a washing machine to my kitchen, no extra fittings as the pipework already installed so just I moving into place and connecting up hoses. As I am unemployed seeking work this is TWO WEEKS of my money. A disgrace charging this amount. Even trained psychotherapists only charged £30-45 per hour with many years of training and university degrees. £94.80 for under half hour work is a total rip off. No new Parts at all DO NOT ENTERTAIN USING THESE PEOPLE Friends are always looking for plumbers but I will ensure they do not use these people, I am taking my complaint to a higher authority as have sought advice. the lad doing the job was lovely polite its just the company that prey on people looking to have work done. They will not keep clients though as once bitten twice give them a miss! They should reimburse me £60 of the money paid out as I have now found out what the job should have cost
So if you have just found out what the job should have cost then why did you not use that person first ??? What are you expecting to pay ??? Trade-Tek £79.00 less the £60.00 you want back ! so you are expecting some one who is Self Employed to come out and install your W/M for £19.00 Get Real ! would not even cover the plumbers overheads just to come out, Why do you people always complain about the costs after paying the bill ! if you think its so easy then you should have fitted it yourself

They charge £79 .00 per hr sometimes they will cut it back just to get the job you get 50% £39.50 less 20% tax = £32.91 take of the running cost of van say £10.00 leaves £22.91 out of this your other overheads say £5.00 = 17.91 works out around £8.50 pr Hr, this is why you need to be close to a Plumb Center. So you see you need a few jobs a day and close together, you will get 50% of proffit on meterials, but you also waste time and phone calls, have to get a price for mats phone it in get ref number all takes time

Be careful working for them they only tel you the reduced rate once your filling job sheet out on the job! And I did a job for them at a house diagnostic work customer refused to pay, they said we will sort it out 3 weeks later, response was you win some and you loose some! Who wants to work for a outfit like this

So if you have just found out what the job should have cost then why did you not use that person first ??? What are you expecting to pay ??? Trade-Tek £79.00 less the £60.00 you want back ! so you are expecting some one who is Self Employed to come out and install your W/M for £19.00 Get Real ! would not even cover the plumbers overheads just to come out, Why do you people always complain about the costs after paying the bill ! if you think its so easy then you should have fitted it yourself

And they always tell you price on phone so why go ahead with the job in first place!

I worked for Tradetek for awhile. However, requested that I be removed from there database after several problems with them paying invoices

Well some of you must be the unlucky one's, I have never had any problems with payments, customer is always told what the rates are B4 engineer arrives, if you follow the guide lines never get any problems, I personally have covered work for TradeTek (Reactfast has they was) for over 10 years, used to get loads of work from them when I lived around Ascot, but only get the odd call now ! but that's maybe something to do with the currant climate.

Let me give you another customers perspective. I don't mind paying a premium price if I am going to get a service that is commensurate. However, that is far from what TradeTek delivered. First of all, their advertising is somewhat suspect, they target towns and cities in online adverts as a 'local plumber' but they are simply an agency. You only see TradeTek in the small print at the bottom - easily missed as I unfortunately did. As I have read in a number of supplier reviews online, I am not the only consumer to have a bad experience with them. If you think the following is an acceptable standard of service I would be interested in hearing why.

They have left a household with a 15 month old baby without a flushing toilet for the best part of a month with no end reliably in sight. Their 'engineer' first visited the property on 3rd August, where he spent 30 minutes looking at the toilet, charging £106.80 for the privilege before deciding a new cistern was needed, for which he took an advance payment of £50. He was supposed to return on the 5th or 6th but a phone call from 'customer service' said this was now going to be the 14th then a subsequent phone call said it was going to be the 21st. When a different 'engineer' turned up with one hours notice on 22nd he brought the wrong part as the first individual had ordered incorrectly. He was supposed to get the correct part and fit it on the 27th. A phone call on the 28th came up with a further excuse that there was yet another problem with the part and it was going to be the 6th of September!

That's when my patience ran out and I asked for a refund - surprise, surprise they no longer want to talk to me. If you are a reputable plumber, I'd suggest having nothing to do with them. If you are and are in the north-west then contact me as I still need the work doing that this shower have messed us around with.

Hi Daemon, Sounds as though you had a bad experience with one of Trade-Tek "Plumbers" sounds typical of some one claiming to be a Plumber,(Fast Track) and not knowing what they are doing, Yes they are not located in your area, but offer a service providing a Local plumber, the same as most of these Co do, Rated People Etc., And you do get charged at a premium rate, but the charges are explained to you at the time of the call, so you don't have to except them doing the job, This is typical of people shopping on line for a service, When I attend any jobs for them I always ask if the rates have been explained to them, if they are happy to proceed then I ask them to sign the job sheet, Question I ask at end of job - did they try for a Local Plumber (Paper etc.) most say No ! Because they cant be bothered, Why they could not get parts for something as simple as a WC cistern, or even a replacement unit I personally find hard to believe ! Unless you have something that is most unusual, (Photo if you can). As I stated earlier I have done jobs for these people for over 10 years, never had any problems, apart from complaints about charges , but has I stated you don't have to take up their offer, A lot of the problem's stem from the attitude and professional approach of the person attending the call , Now I cant see why you cant manage for a day or two without a (FLUSHING) WC, the world will not end ! But after a Month and you still can not be bothered to find a local plumber ! Please put a request on this site or LOOK IN YOUR LOCAL PAPER.

i think this was the company that diagnosed a new boiler when it was the kitchen fitter had crossed the supplies when i looked at their site the were only giving 40 % to the plumber
Hi Steve, again you are someone blaming the Co, They can only go of what the visiting engineer tells them. These are unqualified people working in a call centre, yes 40% to the engineer ! but as I stated to Daemon, they don't have to take up the offer, and in the currant climate 40% is better than nothing.

Daemon's experience seems to be the way this company does business. Here is my experience which I'm still trying to sort out.

Boiler broke so called a local plumber. This guy comes, spends 15m minutes and tells me I need a fan and PRV. It'll cost £500 to fix apparently. I figure I'll get a second quote. I call 'Leicestershire Plumber' which turns out to be Tradetek. They tell me on the phone that there are no call out fees and it'll cost just £99 per hour to fix my boiler plus VAT plus parts. This sounded reasonable so I booked the appointment. The engineer comes, spends 1 hour on my boiler. When I ask if it's fixed he says "no, you need a fan and PRV' and asked me for £118 for his time. I explained what the lady on the phone had said and told him I wasn't signing for anything because my boiler wasn't fixed. He put his manager on the phone who explained that whilst there are no call out fees there is a compulsory "diagnostic" that takes 1 hour. He said since that wasn't explained to me if I sign the job sheet they'll come back and fit the parts for free - I just had to pay for the parts. So I signed. The engineer explained he'd call me the next day to let me know a) how much the parts were and b) when he could fit them. Next day came and no phone call. I called their call centre every hour from 1pm-5.30pm that day and nobody could tell me what the hell was going on or even if the engineer was coming back. All members of staff promised they'd call back but no-one ever did. I finally called again and explained that this was a joke and that I wanted it all cancelling. The girl said she would raise a complaint. The next day (which is saturday just passed) they took £118 out of my bank account despite the fact that on their website it states clearly that no money is taken until the job is completed to the customers satisfaction - at this point nothing at all has been done. No work. nada. zilch. I sent a letter to them via email detailing everything that has happened, all the lies and miscommunication along the way and that I want my money back. At this point I've had 2 people call me to deal with the complaint. One said he'll look into it and the called me arguing with me telling me "you signed the contract. that's it." He also stated that he will not be refunding me regardless. It's now a week since I called them and my boiler is STILL broken and their engineer STILL hasn't called.

My thoughts on this company are that they are SCAMMERS. They lied to me on the phone to get me to make an appointment, their manager lied to me on the phone to get me to sign the job sheet. Their engineer lied to me and never returned to complete the job (and still hasn't). And now their complaints managers are saying "you signed the job sheet". tough luck.

Tradetek as a company (trading as leicestershireplumber.co.uk) in my experience are complete SCAMMERS and do NOT care about their customers.

Similar plumbing topics

C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is...
Replies
Views
Back