Anyone done work for Trade Tek | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone done work for Trade Tek in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

jtsplumbing - it's not that I couldn't 'be bothered' - if you read my post, they had taken a £50 advance payment on the parts and it was always - "it will be next week", to keep you on the hook. We have now had a local plumber carry out the repair but had to wait about a week for him to fit us in.

Mike - I know what you are going through, they wouldn't recognise customer service if they fell over it! If you check, they have now removed the 'Plumber in xyz' online ads since I kicked up a stink with them. I actually forced them to a partial refund after threatening to file for a chargeback with my bank against the transaction. Avoid them at all costs is my recommendation.

Hi Daemon, sounds like you have had a bad experience with T/T , I can only relate with my dealings with them over 10 years (React Fast) Now T/T I'm by no means trying to blow their trumpet and they do make mistakes but you seem to have been given the dirty end of the stick, I've never left or treated a customer in the way you have been, But maybe that's due to meny years experience and adopting a professional approach, I do encounter problems on some jobs, but a lot relates to the people in the call centre not having any technical knowledge or even asking or obtaining more information about the customers problem B4 the engineer arrives on site, but a lot of the problems are caused by inexperienced so called Plumbers, and it's these sort of people that can quite easily give any Co a bad name, Very surprised that you got charged for your very poor experience with them, A little strong calling them Scammers but after the way you have been treated that is understandable. Hope you get your problem sorted soon (Joe) JTS Plumbing.

From a customer point of view working for them won't bring you second call outs with the client; I did not even know they used outside workers, thought they were a reputable business as was looking for a regular plumber I could trust. I phoned as directory advert sounded good, no callout fee!! Disgusted to be charged £94.80 to connect a washing machine to my kitchen, no extra fittings as the pipework already installed so just I moving into place and connecting up hoses. As I am unemployed seeking work this is TWO WEEKS of my money. A disgrace charging this amount. Even trained psychotherapists only charged £30-45 per hour with many years of training and university degrees. £94.80 for under half hour work is a total rip off. No new Parts at all DO NOT ENTERTAIN USING THESE PEOPLE Friends are always looking for plumbers but I will ensure they do not use these people, I am taking my complaint to a higher authority as have sought advice. the lad doing the job was lovely polite its just the company that prey on people looking to have work done. They will not keep clients though as once bitten twice give them a miss! They should reimburse me £60 of the money paid out as I have now found out what the job should have cost

Hi I was wondering whether you got any luck getting your money back or which higher authority you went to. They ripped me off as well. I had to pay £130.80 for a 15 min wrongly identified problem and I am furious. They are disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to trade.

i know this thread is a bit out of date but thought I put my comments since I have been looking for inside info on Tradetek
Thanks guys you have just confirmed what I suspected about this company, they are ripoff merchants for both the customer and the tradesman, I have worked in the industry for other companies for 10 years but have moved out of Glasgow into a rural area where unemployment is high even in the heating industry so have decided to go it alone, Tradetek were advertising for heating engineers so I replied and they sent me a induction package, and phoned up next day seemingly desperate to get me on board because they had a lot of work in my area. Had at look and their terms and thought "What business or trader would agree to their terms!" but after reading this thread it seems that some do. I know it is not easy to start up as a sole trader but I think I would rather be on the dole or travel to Glasgow to work with my old employer everyday than work with Tradetek there are a lot of points that put me off working for them but the worst ones are
1) they take 60% of profit and markup you charge on parts, you also don't know what rate they have negotiated with customer.
2) you have to act as a debt collector.
3) having done diagnostics on boilers for years I know that it is not always easy to diagnose a intermittent fault and they would have you going back to second calls at your own cost and possibly providing parts to fix problem.
4) no guarantee of regular work and possibly traveling long distances to get work.
NO THANKS
good luck to those who take up their offer both customer and trader, I will wait for your phone call for a decent quote or cost request after they have finished ripping you off.
Jim

They are now calling themselves Rightio, any payments to them is to Trade Tek....Be wary as I am having challenges with them....Yes nright now...see my other posts for more details...

I've been working for them for a month now.
They are very upfront about costs, both on the phone, then when I arrive I have to ask if they have been informed of the costs per hour. Then, before any work commences, the customer reads and signs the agreement.
They take 60% of the fee. That doesnt bother me, as it is fill-in jobs that I wouldnt be getting.
So, for the basic £89/hr+Vat, I'll be getting £35.60. You state which postcodes and areas you'd like to cover. I stay within 15 miles of home. I do get asked if I'd go to somewhere further, but I generally refuse.Evenings/weekends are £119/hr.
They do not take any of the materials cost, in fact they say you should charge more than you pay for parts, typically a 20% mark up.
Payment. No problem so far.
Customers - all are happy for the work to be done, and all paid immediately. One argued that they shouldnt be paying for 2 hours when I was only there for 1.5 hours. I told them beforehand how long it may take - up to 2 hours, I think they were trying for a discount.
I am surprised that some customers ring them, as I think the charges are quite steep, but they do get a fast service.
I've heard loads of 'bad' stories about them, but have had no problems at all.

Similar plumbing topics

C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is...
Replies
Views
Back