Anyone drive away from a job and then worry about if you’ve forgot to tighten any nuts | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone drive away from a job and then worry about if you’ve forgot to tighten any nuts in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Good old mobile phones cameras

Yep , its the same as driving away from home thinking “ did I lock the door “ lol

For locking things I say to myself (but out loud) something like "It's Tuesday and I've locked the door" immediately after I've done it. It's the saying it out loud that seems to fix the memory for me. It's important to include the day for obvious reasons.

Might do, just looks bad asking the customer if you can check it looks like you don’t know what your doing I feel, it held up on tightness test so I’m sure I would of otherwise it would of dropped on the test
Excuse me love. Would you mi
Yep , its the same as driving away from home thinking “ did I lock the door “ lol
I have done that on a few occasions. Especially with kids around.

Yep, years ago I use to fit boilers on the warmfront scheme and did a lovely conversion in York. We finished and left the property about 7pm, when we got to Doncaster I had this horrible feeling that I left the test nipple out on the meter, my paranoia got the best of me, so we drove back and the fecker was in and all tight.

Ahhhh

Yep, years ago I use to fit boilers on the warmfront scheme and did a lovely conversion in York. We finished and left the property about 7pm, when we got to Doncaster I had this horrible feeling that I left the test nipple out on the meter, my paranoia got the best of me, so we drove back and the fecker was in and all tight.

Ahhhh
Nice to know it’s not just me, I’ve done the exact same thing.

Once I just settled in bed and had an alarming thought of did I close p2 on the gas valve. Did not remember doing it up. Phoned customer at 11pm and explained. Went to his house and....I had closed it. He was actually happy I went back and recommended me to his mother. I would not have been able to sleep if I had not gone back.

For locking things I say to myself (but out loud) something like "It's Tuesday and I've locked the door" immediately after I've done it. It's the saying it out loud that seems to fix the memory for me. It's important to include the day for obvious reasons.

Not just me then lol

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I sandwiched mine with 2mm neoprene to avoid...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Did the engineer sort out the problem with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hand tight plus maybe half a flat (30 degrees)
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back