Anyone fitted IQE boilers from screwfix. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone fitted IQE boilers from screwfix. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompsonbrown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
In screwfix today and the manager was trying to push iqe boilers. There now half the price they were last year, Could be a sign that there rubbish but £500 for 35kw combi with a 10 year parts and labour guarantee could be worth a punt. Like to here from any fitters who have used these.

tbh baxi and intergas arnt that much more expensive

tbh baxi and intergas arnt that much more expensive

Cheers for the reply Shaun. You must be getting a better deal on baxis than I do, I pay almost double that for something like a 28kw Baxi platinum. I know the Baxi/mains are a bit cheaper but I only get a 2yr guarantee with them.

Cheers for the reply Shaun. You must be getting a better deal on baxis than I do, I pay almost double that for something like a 28kw Baxi platinum. I know the Baxi/mains are a bit cheaper but I only get a 2yr guarantee with them.

have you had a look at Williams (sponsor)

Used to use Williams all the time when I lived in Portsmouth. Great firm with prices to match. Live in ***bria now so limited on suppliers.

they ship you know

have you had a look at Williams (sponsor)

Not sure that we are that great at Baxis at the moment Shaun, but thanks for the recommend. :)

Thats a pretty good price for a 35kw combi with that warranty that the OP mentioned. Yes its a Sime re-badged, and I bet its non-ErP clearance, but then we are still selling loads of pre-ErP Ideals, Glowworms and Vaillants.

Not sure that we are that great at Baxis at the moment Shaun, but thanks for the recommend. :)

Thats a pretty good price for a 35kw combi with that warranty that the OP mentioned. Yes its a Sime re-badged, and I bet its non-ErP clearance, but then we are still selling loads of pre-ErP Ideals, Glowworms and Vaillants.

but your intergas are :)

What's the deal with the pre erp talk... The Worcesters that I'm fitting are exactly the same, only they now come with a little A rated sticker in the box...? Am I missing something?

What's the deal with the pre erp talk... The Worcesters that I'm fitting are exactly the same, only they now come with a little A rated sticker in the box...? Am I missing something?

different pump (2 extra wires) and the sticker

but your intergas are :)

Thanks for the Williams reminder Shaun.
Getting back to them IQE boilers, the manager at screwfix said he would be willing to offer more discount than they were priced in store if I was interested, so ray might be right about non-ErP clearance?

Worcester Ri dosent have a pump :)

There was no change to heat only boilers to meet ErP.

Some changed anyway, because the manufacturer changed the whole range - so, for example, Vaillant and Glowworm heat-only have changed for that reason, not specifically for ErP.

Worcester Ri dosent have a pump :)

yea but if you fit a stnd pump not erp comp in erp mind why do you think there fainting out 50/20 pumps

Does anyone care about ERP?

nope dont fit the stickers tbh ugly esp on a nice install the only time they get left is new build ie window ratings air changes wall inso etc

Ray, when did the Vaillant ecoTEC pro 30 come out, will the 28 be phased out?

Ray, when did the Vaillant ecoTEC pro 30 come out, will the 28 be phased out?

Not according to Vaillant. However, I am with their sales director and commercial director tomorrow, so will confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Back