anyone on here work for the aa?? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anyone on here work for the aa?? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
times are hard and unfortunately have applied to go on the aa and have an interview soon....just wondered if anyone on here has been through the process and what it involves?? gutted to be going down this route....dont wanna work for someone else again!!!:sad:

I've thought about working for them.... Just hope it isn't like bg all the hard sales stuff. Let us know how the interview goes, also be quite interested in the interview process.
Times are tough at the moment for those that are s.e going by what's on the forum.

I've thought about working for them.... Just hope it isn't like bg all the hard sales stuff. Let us know how the interview goes, also be quite interested in the interview process.
Times are tough at the moment for those that are s.e going by what's on the forum.

will do mate

I went to a job recently where they had been out to a cylinder leak. The "engineer" had just turned the stop tap off and left, said the AA wouldn't change the cylinder but him and his mate would as a private job cash in hand.

The cylinder kept leaking, flooded the kitchen as the header tank slowly emptied through the leaking seam on the cylinder.

Think they just turn up and supposed to make safe and leave, minimum work done so they can earn plenty of call out fees.

lol...moorhead....thats what i keep saying to the wife!!! .....not had it yet mate, will let you know once ive been....don't wanna jinx myself and reveal when it is!!

well just got back from my aa interview all went well just waiting to hear from them now....for those of you who also having an interview this is the layout i had today

on arrival they gave me a 40 question test to go through...all pretty basic questions and no one should really have any trouble with it

then got took into a room where a guy asked me to indentify 10 parts inside a baxi netatec (dont know wether it'll be same boiler on all interviews), again all basic stuff you should know and also test 2 components with a multimeter so brush up on this.

then had to identify faults on a pipework installation

then let by and soundness test using an anton analyser so you can print off results....i was unfamilier with the anton as ive always used kane so they ran through the use of it with.

once passed all this had to do a mini driving test in one of thier vans and indentify 4 signs from the highway code and must say i couldn't remember 2 of them so guessed!! not read the highway code since i passed my test years ago!!

once passed this had to fill in forms again....rememeber to take all certificate you have as well as passport utility bill etc..

then went for the actual interview with 2 area mangers where they fired a few questions at me...most notebly about the technical bullitin about flues in voids so read up on this. had a good chat with them and as i turned up in my work gear they had a little pop at me and said i should be wearing a suit....but they were fine and had a little laugh and joke with them about it.

all in all good interview with a team of nice guys....wont get my hopes up though as they are only looking for 2 ops in my area and are interviewing over 100.

so i hope this helps some people out.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it's 1940's there might be a DPM, in which...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
L
What plastic pipe was used? Is it the old non...
Replies
Views
Back