anyone on here work for the aa?? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anyone on here work for the aa?? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Jesus, the other 98 candidates must have been some braindead numptys if you were in the final 2.

Only joking, glad to hear some good news! :devil2:

Aren't you self employed at the moment? You going to give all that up or still oing o do a bit on th side?

i am mate.....but i'll be keeping my business going....my pal has just lost his job with his company going under so i'll be giving most of the work i get to him and keep a few for myself to do on my days off......my plan is do this for a bit and when all my work picks up again leave.

Just need a bit of security for a while as the wife works for bmi baby who are closing down in september so needs must at the min.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Best of luck mate well done!!

I just had a look aswell but it says you need to live within 10 miles of an area. I'm a bit out of that so will have to wait for something closer if I'm going to apply.

I've been on some agency websites and the AA are flooding them with jobs for heating engineers.

Very strange if they only wanted two engineers and they must have interviewed hundreds by now.:jester:

Scary stuff. Another big company wanting to squeeze the small business out of existance.

Sadly it appears to be the way of the service industries all the men in suits who can offer easy payment systems are taking the customers at premium prices.

I know in Ireland they charge the customer €99.00 on the gas bill of course, the service man must provide all his own tools, equipment, van to their standard, fuel, insurance (both van and PL) have clean overalls wearing a permanent smile, be accountable for the time he arrives (if late pays a fine) average pay is €35.00 per job gross (you look after your own tax).

Here they leave you with all the overheads and headaches for 1/3 of the money.

Sadly it appears to be the way of the service industries all the men in suits who can offer easy payment systems are taking the customers at premium prices.

I know in Ireland they charge the customer €99.00 on the gas bill of course, the service man must provide all his own tools, equipment, van to their standard, fuel, insurance (both van and PL) have clean overalls wearing a permanent smile, be accountable for the time he arrives (if late pays a fine) average pay is €35.00 per job gross (you look after your own tax).

Here they leave you with all the overheads and headaches for 1/3 of the money.

Gee Peteheat, thank god I don't live over there... I think Id rather sheit in my hand and clap than follow those rules!

Gee Peteheat, thank god I don't live over there... I think Id rather sheit in my hand and clap than follow those rules!

Hi CES,

I know a few Guys doing it, they give out about 7 jobs a day and Evening calls, Saturday / Sunday calls get an extra 5 > €10.00.

Not a bad days pay in winter problem is you don't even get a basic week from April / May to September, our Gas Safe is called RGI (Registered Gas Installer) every job you do needs a cert and they get €2.50 for each cert which comes out of your pay for each job.

The only way it can work is for the guys to go back on their own tools for the slow months, a side effect is I have heard from very reliable sources about gas boilers being serviced in 15 minutes, fastest was in my sisters house 9 minutes, I reckon this has to end in tears.

Problem here is over 450,000 unemployed at least 300,000 of them were in construction many with big mortgages and young families, in their position I would probably do the same and look out for the violin lessons, if they don't pay the men they must pay themselves.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it's 1940's there might be a DPM, in which...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
L
What plastic pipe was used? Is it the old non...
Replies
Views
Back