Anyone replaced parts in this toilet before? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone replaced parts in this toilet before? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to replace the whole syphon though which in this case I plan to I was wondering if anyone had managed to take the cistern off before but by the sounds of it I have to pull the toilet forward. thank you for the help guys

Don`t think you`ve said what the problem actually is, taking a guess I`d say it`s dripping water into the pan yes? In which case you may not have to replace the whole valve.

Last edited:
Yes sorry the syphon is letting by and also the donut washer probably needs replacing as that leaks when the toilet is flushed. So am I right in thinking the only way is to pull the toilet forward?

Yes sorry the syphon is letting by and also the donut washer probably needs replacing as that leaks when the toilet is flushed. So am I right in thinking the only way is to pull the toilet forward?

No for the first part & yes for the second I`m afraid as it looks to me like access to the cistern bolts will only be from behind & underneath.

Ok thanks for your help but what do you mean no for the first part? Lol

Ok thanks for your help but what do you mean no for the first part? Lol

Once the valve is out you will find a large rubber washer at the bottom, this can be cleaned or changed to stop the leakage.

B4 you start pulling anything apart ! get all the replacement parts first this time of year you may need to wait a couple of weeks. Unless of course you already have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Yes, use plastic shims to get the pan stable -...
Replies
Views
Back