Apprentice Prank | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter MrMeek
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 592

Discuss Apprentice Prank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMeek

Just seen this on youtube still laughing my arse of at it lol.

[video=youtube;fi1OSu6rQl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1OSu6rQl0[/video]

Any one else got out funny like this to share? am slacking of at work and need some entertainment :wink:

Heard of sparks hooking a cable upto a megger tester and apparently theres a setting to put some juice down the cable ! Then they poke it through the ceiling from upstairs and ask the apprentice if the can see it below ! When he says yer they say pull it ! And he gets a nice little shock.

Saw an apprentice prank a tradesman before which was brilliant. 4:20PM on a Friday, went down to help finish up on a job, my mate was drilling into a wall to fit a bath screen, just as he hits solid wall the apprentice turns the light off and hides, my mate stand there sweating and cursing thinking he has hit a power cable, we fall about on the floor wetting ourselves! He called us some rather nasty names for that!!

Try it next time someone is drilling, guaranteed a great reaction!!

There's the old go outside and finish of the prv pipework and set it going once they're in front of it. Still prefer the bag of plaster above the head whilst somebody comes in from behind and slits it with a knife.

Presumably there is still a strong market for skirting ladders, sky hooks, long weights/waits and tartan paint?

We may have occasionally sent a new guy over to the rad store to find a 600 x 1700 radiator.

Since the store contains more than 1000 pallets of rads (see pic below) and the stowage is "random" - impossible to find anything unless you have the stowage map - and most critically, they don't actually make a 600 x 1700 rad, its a longish job.

radstore.jpg

you guys have posted some crackers, I have to try that turning of the light one lol

another few things send an apprentice to get a glass hammer and stripey paint

I fell victim to the paint one :(

I fell for the hose sucking one. (Draining a cylinder, not someone's colon). Also got sent to buy £20 worth of skyhooks and the merchant gave me £20 worth of these:

Screw-Hook.jpg

Then got sent back to get a refund for being a smart bum.

LMFAO

mine .......send apprentice to van for anything...... on his return......."pass me the 18" chisel" ( which i had heated until cherry in colour with mapp gas a minute before) apprentice "kin ell"

make hole in plasterboard, insert fire ext noozle from other side of wall, tell apprentice to go and measure the height of the hole and mate lets fire ext. off....... apprentice carps his pants.

When in hotel we sent a waitress down to a pub for a bucket of steam. The pub landlord caught on and told her not to take the lid off when he gave it to her as she would lose the steam.

I did get caught out myself. Sent to the cellar to change the water keg.

Also you can ask for rubber nails for the glass hammer. Spirit level bubbles aswel

Played a few tricks on my joiner. Best one was when he was cutting into a stud wall, we poked a hose through the other side and turned the tap on and he thought he'd cut through a pipe.

On another occasion I was working with a plumber made of mine and he'd fitted up a WC and I kept going into the room and tipping a little water behind the WC. H had that WC off and back on again 3 times before someone's titteing gave the game away.

As a student, one night we filled someone's tool back with expanding foam and zipped it up. Took them ages to chop it out and remove their tools from it.

Managed to wind a colleague up a treat when I worked at Iguana. He was on a mare of a job and running late so I shot over to give him a hand. I finished the gas connections for him and tested it. I knew that there had been no drop before he started and it tested up fine with no drop but I called out to him "Are you happy with a 2 Mbar drop?" The look on his face was classic. It took a long time before he forgave me that one.

Doing an Eaga job years ago and one of the lads got distracted by a phone call and left the filling loop on. He was stood outside right under the PRV when it started banging its head off and got soaked. Right in the face!

I managed to get the apprentice with the tartan paint one, it was a classic. I made a comment earlier that we need some paint for the low loss header and wrote it down as tartan paint, so I hand my phone and the list to the apprentice and say order this lot for delivery.

I knew what was coming so I head off in the corner of the plant room giggling like a little girl, he gets to the tartan paint and says 'can I have a tin of tartan paint' that point I'm in fits of laughter. He only turns around and asks me if its only one tin we need! The merchant then says to him 'I've never known anyone stupid enough to actually ask for it'. One of the funniest things I've got the apprentice with, he's a top lad though so can't really give him grief.

I've still got a vid on my phone of apprentice from site I was on early this year. Reckons he was strong as anything, so I give him some stick saying no way could you lift a Bag of plaster above your head! Well, you all know what happens next ............

I've still got a vid on my phone of apprentice from site I was on early this year. Reckons he was strong as anything, so I give him some stick saying no way could you lift a Bag of plaster above your head! Well, you all know what happens next ............
Did you slash it with your left-handed screwdriver?

No unfortunately I was filming lol took me ages to blag him though. Cos another plumber bet him £10 he couldn't do it so he started doubting himself so I said look quickly go an try it with nobody looking then we will walk round and find the other lads lol hook, line and sinker

Gave an apprentice a length of 1/2" steel pipe and a hand bender and told him to put a 90 bend in it

Just had an evil idea - heat a brass fitting up then ask them to pass it. :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
Hmmmm I have my doubts on anything...
Replies
Views
S
I didn't know that! I am a new home owner, I...
Replies
Views
Seregwethrin
S
    • Informative
  • Question
It is expensive but worth it, no installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Adam, I’d be asking to speak to a senior...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back