Are "we" (plumbers) tight? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are "we" (plumbers) tight? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't one solution that works for everybody. When I first started back on my own I pounded the streets sticking postcard sized cards through doors. This initially paid off and I got quite busy but i made the mistake of stopping advertising because I was busy and the work dried up. By now I'd done enough jobs to be able to provide the feedback required to join checkatrade. That was the best thing I could have done, since I joined I've been busy all the time to the point where I can pick and choose which jobs I want to take on. If I haven't got anything booked for a day I know that by 9am I'll normally have the first job of the day and they roll in from there.

It's not cheap at £600 plus VAT but if you look at it as a form of advertising it is very cheap even compared to a couple of lines in the Friday Ad every week.

So inreflection and going back to the original post. Plumbers aren't tight, we just choose where we spend our money and carefully consider the options available.

So inreflection and going back to the original post. Plumbers aren't tight, we just choose where we spend our money and carefully consider the options available.

Thats about the size of it marie.
There is no guarantee that any strategy will work which is why many of us remain sceptical about anything that seems like an expensive eggs in one basket kind d of thing.

The leaflet thing has paid dividends for many but equally has failed for many ( but its low cost and therefore low risk)
Local papers work for so.e and not for others ( some communities seem to favour this as a resource while others dont) most of us have tried it for a month or two.

A shiny website and all the seo work in the world wont guarantee to generate more work as the decision to call up a company from a webpage or to keep clicking other sites is often a subjective and subconscious decision based on whether a potential customer likes 'how' you sell your business. It can even be down to colour scheme, size of writing, number of pictures, amount t of text etc. There are just too many variables involved in how or why a customer chooses one business over another online for it to be justifiable to spend too much on.

I have found an online resource through my web designer lad that I want to be the first or one of the first to sign-up to next month as I think it has potential a plumber I have been talking to in Islington says he has a big website but uses it to compliment his newspaper ads ie; awareness or something like - when they look at the paper and see his name, they might need a plumber not have a newspaper and type his name in to google.

I have found an online resource through my web designer lad that I want to be the first or one of the first to sign-up to next month as I think it has potential a plumber I have been talking to in Islington says he has a big website but uses it to compliment his newspaper ads ie; awareness or something like - when they look at the paper and see his name, they might need a plumber not have a newspaper and type his name in to google.

Whats the resource?
The strategy you speak of is just branding. You need a name and a logo and colours which should be carried throughout all your other strategies such as leaflets, van sign writing, website etc.

Be careful about throwing more money at something that is inproven.

I own the domain name www.coventryplumbingandheating.co.uk
At the moment the site is down as I'm improving it.
However, it is SERPS PAGE 1 on Google for a great many search entries.The site is only online for someone with Gas Safe based in the Coventry area to take on my nipper. I will then load all their relevant information to this website. I can assure you that I daily knock back, or rather forward, work on to plumbers and gas engineers who do not even know where their work is coming from.I have to as , as yet, I've not succeeded in procuring the plumber/gas engineer needed.
WEBSITES WORK, and when done right,work bigtime.

He thing I've realised is that Google doesn't produce great quality leads really. Chances are they will be getting lots of quotes, all from competitors on Google. I got on the first page for our city and you could tell a Google lead before you had asked where they heard about you. There spiel started with 'how much will it be too ....'

He thing I've realised is that Google doesn't produce great quality leads really. Chances are they will be getting lots of quotes, all from competitors on Google. I got on the first page for our city and you could tell a Google lead before you had asked where they heard about you. There spiel started with 'how much will it be too ....'

From the web lead,arrange to go round and then give them a quote, a face and pleasant knowledgeable manner always help, sometimes the lower quoted price isn't always king.
No real difference from a yellow pages ad or and ad from anywhere else.
It's just another more powerful arrow in your quiver.
One not to be underestimated, especially with the way most are using their mobile phones to access information.

got my website via a friend for the cost of installing a couple of rads, isnt bad, bigger than most and he will update again for a few beers. I do pay 130 a month for a couple of local advertising mags EX33 Magazine and church mags. Also put my name in any freesite I see brwosing around, one such site bought in £240 last week at no cost to me. you got vto remember customers arent loyal, they come and go, especially if your busy and cant make it to them in the next 10 mins, I lost one today for that reason but I was at a new customer and got a combi swap by turning up and she saw me in my EX33 mag I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Back