Are you able to solvent weld the spigot end of a ring seal soil pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are you able to solvent weld the spigot end of a ring seal soil pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey chaps, I need to connect into a tee of a terrain soil stack and am wondering if this iw possible with the floplast soil fittings you get in plumbfix. Another query, the soil pipe cross sections you get, where can you use them as I am a bit short of space and need to install 2 wc's. And this would make life easy but the regs state they have to entet stack 200mm from centre to centre. So, what is this cross piece for?

Cheers fellers. I hope you understand what I am talking about

Not sure what you are asking ? are you talking about a cross branch ie two 110 connection into one stack directly opposite each other ? if so they can be used in the vertical only.
What material is the Flo-plast made from if it is uPVC then it can be solvent welded.

If its on show, then the colours will be very different. Terrain grey is several shades different and much glossier than the floplast colour.

Why not just use polypipe system 2000?

Its not on show. And it is on a vertical rise. I shall post pictures later. Polypipe 2000, I shall have to look that one up. Chat later guy's. Cheers

20130215_165245.jpg

This is the space I have. I need to install toilets either side of that branch there. Am not sure if I have space for another branch and a elbow. So was wondering if I could use a cross section. But won't if I can help it as they cost.

Oh yes, I need to look up polypipe s2000

I found lots of strange things on this job. None of the old 1 1/2 inch waste pipe was glued. As soon as I touhed it it fell apart. I cannot believe it never leaked. Also, I found a swept 1 1/4 inch tee going into a 1 1/2 connector on branch. And two 1 1/2 waste pipes connected to th other ends. I hope this makes sense

chris whats wrong with fernco rubber couplings? i used one the other day for the first time. are they not so good? can i expect a call back? haha
actually it wasnt a coupling it was a reducer (clay to plastic)

chris whats wrong with fernco rubber couplings? i used one the other day for the first time. are they not so good? can i expect a call back? haha
actually it wasnt a coupling it was a reducer (clay to plastic)
That is what they were developed for & IMHO that is where they belong - underground & surrounded with concrete - bloody rubber & jubilee clips.
signed old fart.

Move with the times chris im doing new builds at the moment and they use ferncos to joint the internal rwps

And we all know how much consideration goes into the quality of new builds!

I'm with Chris, they're a problem waiting to happen.

Worm drive clips and a tube of rubber? yer, answer to all plumbing problems? Never worked in the past never work for the future. Thats my personal view point.

Whats the point when you can just do the job properly.

God evening fellers. Hope you're all having a good night. I am back at the nursery this week and am still struggling to figure out a way to connect two toilets into the grey branch. One on the left and one on the right. I thought I might have been able to use a swept tea and an elbow but as you can see from the pics below there is not enough room. So can you get short branches? Ones without boss connections in. I don't really fancy having to take the concealed stack apart to conbect into it. I am already losing money on this job

Can you not use a 4 way?

A 4 way hey. Never seen one. Must be expensive. Would be good though as it gives me access for rodding. Where will I find one of these mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
"strap wrench" or "boa" might help
Replies
Views
W
Could normally prize of retaining ring with 2...
Replies
Views
I've always had the opposite problem with...
Replies
Views
Back