Are you able to solvent weld the spigot end of a ring seal soil pipe? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are you able to solvent weld the spigot end of a ring seal soil pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it.....

Use a cross tee or whatever they're called and mcalpine make these non return flaps that you can put on pan cons.

I'm trying to think, don't even know the proper name for them, hahahah

double branch junction.. ;) with an access in the end

Don't see why you couldnt use it here, you would have to fit the no return things I was saying to stop **** flushing from one toilet to the other
:)

Cut the solvent branch down to 1" and cut the spigot of your new branch to suit. Cut the end socket down to 1" and cut a 4" blank down to suit then glue it in. Cut the boss adapter off if it is pis ing you off too. Great things saws :lol:

Btw if you speak to your merchant they will get a branch made up in any configuration you like as a 1 off. Costs about £50

Ha ha. It is annoying that boss connection. the terrain branch only has about an inch on it already. I have never seen these one way thins. Mcalpine hey, I shall have to have a look. Wow I could get it built. Impressive. Is that the case Ray Stafford? I still can't find any info on that s2000 stuff. Do you have a link? Also Ray, can you guys get hold of one of those fold down baby change things?

Tamz, you come up trumps agan. You're a legend. I thought I would give hour method a go and cut down all fittings. And no way wee man...it worked. It just fit with literally mm to spare. Thanks for all the help guys. Oh photo to follow. System, before you say anything, the flexi you see is temporary. He he

I tend to use manifolds (elephant's feet) quite often these days as they give good flexibility with design.

20130225_154553.jpg

Am actually just sitting down now with a wee dram of a nice scotish whiskey called royal lochnager. Deserved after a victory today with the advice of a scot. What a whiskey by the way. You should all try it some time

Wow I could get it built. Impressive. Is that the case Ray Stafford? I still can't find any info on that s2000 stuff. Do you have a link? Also Ray, can you guys get hold of one of those fold down baby change things?

Sorry Mutley, only just seen this post.

To be honest, getting a branch built is a new one on me, although I know that a number of the rarer branches are hand-made. You only have to look at them to see that the main body is a different fitting, and an adaptor has been solvented on, so I guess it must be possible.

Polypipe System 2000 - link here - pages 6 and 7. We don't sell a lot of it, but there are patches of the country where Terrain used to be popular, particularly in London, where it gives a good match. There are also a couple of fittings in the S2000 range that they don't make in the ring-seal range which can get you out of trouble in a tight spot.

The baby change thing we have already dealt with by PM. Sorry I missed seeing the question here.

Where there is a will there is a way :wink:

Never tried that one i'll need to look it up. Thanks.

To be honest, getting a branch built is a new one on me, although I know that a number of the rarer branches are hand-made. You only have to look at them to see that the main body is a different fitting, and an adaptor has been solvented on, so I guess it must be possible.
I used to get stuff made from Hepworths Ray. When you see them they are like they are made by some boy with a holesaw and tube of gap filler :smile:

I used to get stuff made from Hepworths Ray. When you see them they are like they are made by some boy with a holesaw and tube of gap filler :smile:

Yep, that sounds like some of the more obscure polypipe ones. Not exactly a thing of beauty, but I guess they must work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
"strap wrench" or "boa" might help
Replies
Views
W
Could normally prize of retaining ring with 2...
Replies
Views
I've always had the opposite problem with...
Replies
Views
Back