Ariston Genus System 30HE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston Genus System 30HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much are the pcbs for these - think I would hve binned the boiler .

how much are the pcbs for these - think I would hve binned the boiler .

Actually not that bad £130 ... That was the good part though! You need to be a flippin rocket scientist to set it up!! It comes with what I can only describe as an IKEA 'step by step' diagram in several different languages! You know the type, shows what to do diagrammatically rather than in words!

Honestly an absolute mare of a board to change! It has push-in bits you add on/take off depending on the make and model of the boiler ... descriptions that are obviously only for those who work in the factory, essentially a universal board that fits an unknown quantity of boilers and bits that you have to get right for it to work! THAT's not all though. Ended up ringing Ariston Tech.
Really helpful guy, honestly!
Once you have all the bits in the right place on the PCB for the boiler you're working on you then have a display that thinks its a combi and flashes all sorts of fault codes at you! You have to re-program the software so that it knows it's a system boiler!

2hrs later................Last job on a Friday........ :) Job done!

Just seen this thread, had exactly the same last year, even down to leaking fill loop, PCB cured fault there also so must be a common issue.

Just seen this thread, had exactly the same last year, even down to leaking fill loop, PCB cured fault there also so must be a common issue.

Did you have the same issues regards changing the PCB Roger? Honestly never seen the likes regards the 'add on's', 'discards' regards circuit board parts! And how their positions had changed!

One of the most ridiculous parts I've struggled with in many years!!

Well done feller. Hopefully you can walk away with your head held high for your persistence.

To be honest, I was in it up to my neck! New custard, Lot of time spent and ultimately money on my behalf meant I kind of HAD to get it sorted! I'd never have envisaged an intermittent "flame lift" fault would have grown into this post! :)

Update .... Back yesterday with a flame sensor ... Another issue cropped up, pressure loss every day and a water leak on the integral filling loop! Sometime you just wish you never took the call!!!
So if ever you come across one of these boilers have fun trying to get to the expansion vessel schrader! What a nightmare! Anyways re-charged vessel, went to repressurise the boiler and saw where the leak was from...... the valve on the heating side "JOY"!!
they're £60!
Back to the original fault ... set up the Hi & Lo CO2 as per mi's fit new sensor and worked great for 10mins then back to flame lift! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Checked the lead and continuity, fine. Also checked the earthing which was also spot on!
Phoned Ariston, they say PCB, which I suspected but needed that confirmation... so back today with a new PCB and the Flow valve that's leaking! Wish me luck!!

You need one of these dude :
RuefulAxe.png

Did you have the same issues regards changing the PCB Roger? Honestly never seen the likes regards the 'add on's', 'discards' regards circuit board parts! And how their positions had changed!

One of the most ridiculous parts I've struggled with in many years!!

Yes it was a pain, I'd managed to block it from my mind until I read your post!

Nooo! Axe not needed ...! I like to fix things! 36yrs into the game and I stil love the challenge :) This one tried my patience I must admit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was a pain, I'd managed to block it from my mind until I read your post!

Don't you love a challenge now and again though? :lol: Ariston is a rare breed here where I live so is a challenge to familiarise yourself with! I'm not to comfortable with the technology attached to be honest but it's a sign of what's to come I feel ... More commercial tech filtering down to the domestic market!! :)

The thing that got me was you put a code chip on to tell it what sort of boiler it is, then you had to tell it what sort of boiler it is! And as you say the instructions were next to useless.

The thing that got me was you put a code chip on to tell it what sort of boiler it is, then you had to tell it what sort of boiler it is! And as you say the instructions were next to useless.

I had a chat with the tech guy! He's like getting on 70yrs old right! Honestly!

I asked him why the changeover info was so useless?

He said they were in an interview with their manger and asked what they'd like to see different to make their life easier, in virtual unison they said "PCB replacement instructions!" ...

Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The best advice would be to contact a local...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back