Asked to price fit only......yeah yeah I know | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Asked to price fit only......yeah yeah I know in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, been asked to give a price for fit only for a bathroom. It's a. B & Q bathroom, been designed by them apparently.

Going to meet customer next week to see what's what. As we all know it won't be a straight forward job. Maybe stuff missing. I will need to supply some materials fittings etc.

I know what I need to earn based on how long it will take but how do I handle it if stuff is missing and puts a stop to the job at any point or there's other issues that cause the job to run over. I've not had to price a job for labour only before. Don't really want to either to be honest but a jobs a job.

Does anyone have labour only terms they wouldn't mind sharing please?

Thanks

just put a statement in

any down time due to items not on site / missing will be charged etc of something to that effect

In the past I've done quite a few labour only bathrooms.

Make it clear in writing and verbally that any lost time will be chargeable.

Also and probably most important explain to then how rubbish b&q stuff is, I recommend going to my local and I will deal with them if parts are wrong missing etc as the girl is very good. Quite a few of them go for a chat with her at least next thing they are supplying decent quality stuff from them for usually the same price.

I went pricing last Wednesday, during the conversation she mentioned Victoria plum - I went silent until she looked up at me . I stared into her eyes, paused - said “ if you buy that , I WILL NOT fit it” understandably she was a bit taken aback. I explained it was rubbish and I wouldn’t want my name associated such a job. She then said “ actually we did my daughter’s en-suite 18 months ago and it leaks now and the bathroom 3 years ago and has problems and the shower has never been right “

“ about time you tried something different?” I asked.

We’ll see what happens when price goes in,....,,

You know what you want to earn out of it so add £500 on for materials make your price a estimate that way if it comes in over or under you have wriggle room to alter it , if you need the work and the customer is pushing for a set price then your gonna have to commit B&Q isnt that bad check everything is there and for breakages before starting . Kop

You know what you want to earn out of it so add £500 on for materials make your price a estimate that way if it comes in over or under you have wriggle room to alter it , if you need the work and the customer is pushing for a set price then your gonna have to commit B&Q isnt that bad check everything is there and for breakages before starting . Kop

Under????? Do prices ever come under? I think your making that bit up.

Millsy don’t under estimate the power of “well the floor wasn’t as bad as I’d feared so it’s actually £2873.54 and not £2950”
For the sake of £76.46 you have shown yourself to be a man of integrity and this will lead to more work.
Granted, it’s usually “sorry missus it’s gonna be £3275, not £2950 due to x, y z”
People expect things to go over estimate, best not to disappoint them!

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Plumb centre charged me £28 for a vaillant...
Replies
Views
It's not 'amateurish', what you've had...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
Back