‘At Risk’ boiler and inspection hatches | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ‘At Risk’ boiler and inspection hatches in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house and discovered the boiler was never registered with building control. We’ve found a GSR engineer that had done some work for us previously including issuing gas safety certificates, and would issue a building regulations certificate and recommission it but they queried that the whole of the flue wasn’t inspectable and that we’d need to install inspection hatches. My main query is that the whole of the flue is visible in the back of the cupboard, apart from the small section that goes through the external wall. They did some work for us last year including sealing around the flue so am unsure why this is suddenly an issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

39F45C67-BAC1-4092-8863-4FE554BCE8A7.jpeg

1FF04813-353F-4B7C-954C-D6CDDAB71016.jpeg

I wonder if the thinking was to have a hatch in the left side of the cupboard, assuming it's timber, so you could get a direct view of the flue joints.
If so it seems pointless as you still can't see the righthand side of the flue against the wall without a mirror or using a phone camera.

Flue hatch.jpeg

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
I have seen a combi installation where the...
Replies
Views
All done.
Replies
Views
Back