back boiler change | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss back boiler change in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
i have a job to quote ,take back boiler out ,cylinder out,f&e out and run about 40m of 22,
20m of 15mm,plus new gas run 8m,and put combi new location !have thought my self that got to win this job it will take me 5-7 days .job in north london for customer who i did one rad change 3 month back so they coming back to me first . dont want to over prise it but it comes to 2k materials plus 1.5k labour?is it unreasonable price ?

Personally I think thats pretty cheap for London.

now i just have done a quote for heat only reg boiler an new cylinder and new s plan comes up the same amount of £,will give this as well
as i told customer pipe work more then 20 years old !

Tamz, its a grand labour minimum. Then between 1-1.5k for boiler, filter and materials (powerflush if wanted/needed is extra). No B and Q specials for me mate. Ideal Indy C (budget) Vaillant ecotec pro (mid) and Vmann 1oo (top). Some of you guys might think these prices are too cheap for the work that is being carried out but round here that is what the market can stand at the moment, go any higher and punters will go elsewhere. There are plenty of Polish/illegals ready to undercut you. Its tough out there sink or swim.

I have priced for w bosch 25 si- combi and 15 ri- reg boiler, and power flush I put down as standard on every boiler change as per MI. Is hard time for every one mikeygas. I have just started on my own and have so far won 2 boiler change jobs plus if I get this one that will make three within a one mount ! I am not complaining but the cost for advertising is high but it pays back as I have done all the little jobs I have been called for and only two boiler change jobs which have not heard back !
Good luck to all the illegal workers, I am foregner my self but I don't work for cheap £50/h! It cost me to much to become gas safe reg!

Sounds like your doing well for your first month Safegas! Keep it up. I don't fit worcesters as I think they are overpriced for what they are, also I am not a fan of there aluminium heat ex's or condensate traps. I like to fit and forget (well til the next year when I go to service the boiler). in Mi's it dosen't state that you have to do a PF it just says that it is advisable. As for illegals I'm not xenophobic, what I meant was unregistered gas fitters!

MI don't say you have to powerflush just flush as per BS7593. Offer a powerflush as an optional extra

Sounds like your doing well for your first month Safegas! Keep it up. I don't fit worcesters as I think they are overpriced for what they are, also I am not a fan of there aluminium heat ex's or condensate traps. I like to fit and forget (well til the next year when I go to service the boiler). in Mi's it dosen't state that you have to do a PF it just says that it is advisable. As for illegals I'm not xenophobic, what I meant was unregistered gas fitters!
W Bosch are only £50-£100 max more then any other boiler makes , check best place on line onlineboilers.co.uk!
This is where I am buying mine as is the cheapest place!
Don't personatly like the illegal workers as they doing not just cheap but unsafe !
Have to go now cos going to warwick for training with baxi ! Good day to all members of this
Web said !!!!

ive just quoted for taking out back boiler and fit a system boiler at £2800 and they are quibbling that price im in the south west

ive just quoted for taking out back boiler and fit a system boiler at £2800 and they are quibbling that price im in the south west

Just out of interest, what area are you in Paul? I'm in Swindon.

Ive just quoted to rip out a back boiler, fit a Vaillant combi along with changing 6 rads and ripping out the header and HW tanks, all for £2350 and I didn't get it as I was too expensive?? I'm in Livingston btw. I've got a feeling there is a bit of a price war going on at the moment, but I'm not lowering my prices as I believe once they're low its very hard to put them up again.

well i quoted 4k,for my back boiler !have not heard from customer.....
I am not working 6-7 days to complete new location involving power flush ,40m of 22mm flow and return ,new gas run 15m of 22mm,hod and cold 20m each 15mm and braking concreted floor for less then 2k ,if they get some one cheaper is there choice ,plus job I had to quote is 25miles away !!! Materials no my job are about 2k!!
just finished today combi boiler change power flush new valves 2.4k

sounds fair sgi, monkeys work for peanuts and if they are quoting that low they do a poor job and wont be getting call backs and wont last long, but people never learn and winge they cant afford to live! whos fault is that.

Watch your pipe sizes when doing these as 15m x 22mm is about on the limit for a 30kw boiler when you add in the fittings and no other appliances.

Old plumber I have learned. never ever buy anything cheap it always cost double .....job just finished power flushed it for 8h yesterday,had more then 2kg of oxide out customer could not believe his eyes those magnets on the power flush are really worth every penny, fitted magna clean did hot and one cold flush today after finish install and check filter was disappointed had no oxides at all:)

tamz boiler i have priced for is 25kw combi and 15 kw for regular

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Because you can’t take the supply and vent...
Replies
Views
B
I used to disconnect and drill them. The last...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back